Massachusetts POA help?

RyanShort1

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
RyanShort1
Ok, so this is a long shot, but I'm interested in trying to revive an old 1939 Taylorcraft project (A long ways from flyable!) that's up in Massachusetts... but I'm on a bit of weird scheduling issue with the aerial photography and such. So basically I'm looking some options: Fly up there and rent a box truck, but there's a serious issue of needing to have 3-4 days to get it home, which I probably can't get from work right now, or see if I can store it somewhere and then get it when timing is better, or see if someone might be headed to Texas with an empty load? The barn / building wherever it's at is likely going to be torn down in a few weeks so getting it down here, or somewhere else is important or it will likely be scrapped. :(

Last edited:
Where in Mass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am Massachusetts...send me a message with more info...i maybe able to help find a temporary home

Ok, so this is a long shot, but I'm interested in trying to revive an old 1939 Taylorcraft project that's up in Massachusetts... but I'm on a bit of weird scheduling issue with the aerial photography and such. So basically I'm looking some options: Fly up there and rent a box truck, but there's a serious issue of needing to have 3-4 days to get it home, which I probably can't get from work right now, or see if I can store it somewhere and then get it when timing is better, or see if someone might be headed to Texas with an empty load?
I am Massachusetts...send me a message with more info...i maybe able to help find a temporary home
I'll PM in the morning, I hope.

These guys are buddies my mine. All multi thousand airline captains. They are the really good at moving aircraft and about the lowest cost around since they have airline privileges to to get to the plane and return.

https://movingairplanes.com

https://movingairplanes.com/our-ferry-pilots
Pffft!!! I'm OK at ferrying myself, this is a project though - like no fabric on the plane, the wings taken apart, etc... I'd pay good money to see them fly this thing on it's own anytime soon!

I guess I did not realize from the post this was a project plane. Good luck and it sounds like an adventure.

Still looking, also very interested if anyone knows of an empty load headed for Dallas from the Boston area...

@VanDy is the man you want to talk to.

Back