Marzo Pazzo

RJM62

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geek on the Hill
or "Crazy March," referring to the month. I remember my grandmother cautioning us never to make plans for outdoor activities in March. She was right.

spring-in-sparrow-fart.jpg

Rich

Sorry Rich, nice here, even the grass is greening up.

7day_640.jpg

Never was crazy about March,till I got to Florida,also not crazy about June in New England.

Sorry Rich, nice here, even the grass is greening up.
I actually got out and mowed my grass yesterday here in Georgia. I have never done that before in February and it looks amazingly good. I have St Augustine, which is a "summer" grass that usually looses it's rich green color in the winter, but it has a surprisingly nice green color even now in February. I usually don't start mowing until just before Easter. I also remember mowing either late in November or sometime in December which was also not at all common for me. I flew down to St Simons Island last Saturday (2/24/18) to ride my bike around the island and eat some seafood. It was aroud 80 degrees with beautiful skies for flying. Other than one really cold week we had back in January, the weather has been pretty good this winter.

I actually got out and mowed my grass yesterday here in Georgia.

Just finished mowing mine, Bermuda. Always cut low to get up the dead grass, so I'm done until it starts growing tall enough to cut. The way it's going it'll be soon enough. I bet it was nice down in St Simons.

IMG_2824.JPG
I bet it was nice down in St Simons.
It was pretty awesome. I wasn't the only one that had the idea of flying down there for the day. Just about all of the tie downs were full and they have a pretty long double flight line there. There was an RV parked next to me with a couple that had their folding bikes too. It was a perfect day for cycling the bike paths around the island. Not too hot and with a nice comfortable breeze. Everybody down there, including me, was in short pants.

“In like a lion, out like a lamb”

Back