Maryland or Virginia or......

CT Arrow

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Adios!
Looking for a weekend destination somewhere in Virginia or Maryland or...
2-3 hours in the Arrow from CT. We are thinking of shooting down friday eve or early saturday morning and return Sunday. Decent B&B or hotel, close to beach if possible but not a deal breaker,
Where would you go?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Sunfest in ocean city md -KOXB - next weekend, plenty of hotels and things to see and do.

KWWD, good B&B's in cape may, nj. Plenty of places to investigate, places to eat.

KJGG, Williamsburg, so much to see and do. Winery's, places to eat, great shows at the ferguson center, Busch garden's.

Last edited:
You should have been in Ocean City MD this weekend -- truly gorgeous weather, and with Labor Day behind us, hotel rates are coming down. See http://ococean.com/ for ideas, and KOXB is a fine, well-run airport with all the right services for what you want.

Love ocean city md this time of year,crab houses are great. Also cape may New Jersey they have an aviation museum and close to the beach.

You should have been in Ocean City MD this weekend -- truly gorgeous weather, and with Labor Day behind us, hotel rates are coming down. See http://ococean.com/ for ideas, and KOXB is a fine, well-run airport with all the right services for what you want.

It was bike week! We flew down today and played a round of golf then loaded up and flew home. Gorgeous day.

Last edited:
I had lunch at Hemingways at the Bay Bridge today. Fantastic weather

Accomack County. Lots of B&B's and small inns in the area (we're going to Onacock for a wine event in a few weeks).

Sounds like a great idea to me, how do you combine the two sports? Seems as though the kick-stand might leave a mark on the greens.

It was bike week! We flew down today and played a round of golf then loaded up a flew home. Gorgeous day.

Don't know how much you want to spend but buy there is a place in western pa that is just wonderful.

www.nemacolin.com.

They have a provider airstrip right at the resort. Call ahead for permission and to make sure it will be open.

Don't know how much you want to spend but buy there is a place in western pa that is just wonderful.

www.nemacolin.com.

They have a provider airstrip right at the resort. Call ahead for permission and to make sure it will be open.

We have never been to Nemacolin but it's on our list! I take it you have stayed there? Looks like a really cool place with lots to do!

If you go to wwd, one of our poa members keeps a car you can rent for the weekend. The fbo gives you the keys. Pm me for details if you decide to go.

We have never been to Nemacolin but it's on our list! I take it you have stayed there? Looks like a really cool place with lots to do!

I have stayed there for a few nights with girlfriend and dog and everyone had a great time. Spa, Wall Climbing, 4WD, Clay Shooting, Cigars, Firepits and Smore Kits, Cocktials, Awesome food. Ended up having to drive instead of fly b/c of a weather guess on my departure date (the one time the prediction was actually right). It's a weird place but there is a lot to do.

If you are active or retired milliitary, police, or firefighter, check out their HERO rate which isn't prominently published. It ends up being like 80% off regular $500+/nt rates.

Through May 2014

Midweek Rates, starting at:
  • Lodge - $79 per Night
  • Chateau Lafayette - $129 per Night
  • Two-Bedroom Townhouse - $129 per Night
  • Chateau Club or Falling Rock - $229 per Night
Weekend Rates, starting at:
  • Lodge - $109 per Night
  • Chateau Lafayette - $189 per Night
  • Two-Bedroom Townhouse - $189 per Night
  • Chateau Club or Falling Rock - $289 per Night
http://www.nemacolin.com/specials-packages/special-events-holiday-vacation/#Heroes

Andrew

If you go to wwd, one of our poa members keeps a car you can rent for the weekend. The fbo gives you the keys. Pm me for details if you decide to go.

I remember seeing the post about it. Thanks for he heads up !

I have stayed there for a few nights with girlfriend and dog and everyone had a great time. Spa, Wall Climbing, 4WD, Clay Shooting, Cigars, Firepits and Smore Kits, Cocktials, Awesome food. Ended up having to drive instead of fly b/c of a weather guess on my departure date (the one time the prediction was actually right). It's a weird place but there is a lot to do.

If you are active or retired milliitary, police, or firefighter, check out their HERO rate which isn't prominently published. It ends up being like 80% off regular $500+/nt rates.

Through May 2014

Midweek Rates, starting at:
  • Lodge - $79 per Night
  • Chateau Lafayette - $129 per Night
  • Two-Bedroom Townhouse - $129 per Night
  • Chateau Club or Falling Rock - $229 per Night
Weekend Rates, starting at:
  • Lodge - $109 per Night
  • Chateau Lafayette - $189 per Night
  • Two-Bedroom Townhouse - $189 per Night
  • Chateau Club or Falling Rock - $289 per Night
http://www.nemacolin.com/specials-packages/special-events-holiday-vacation/#Heroes

Andrew

The hero discount is huge! 14 years with the fire service so.....
Thanks for the Pirep :)

Andy

Back