Mary and I jumped in the ownership pool

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
1980 Beech C-23

IFR Certified, 4 place, 50 SFREM, New Prop, 3100 TT, No Flight School, NDH, 2004 Paint White / Red Accents, 2004 Gray leather Interior, Collins Audio, Garmin 530 GPS, Dual Glideslope, Collins Mode C Transponder, NorthStar M1 Loran, Century 1 Autopilot, Complete Logs, Precise Standby Vacuum, JPI engine Monitor, 57 Gal fuel, No Damage History, Nose wheel and Trailing Link Suspension Donuts replaced 2006, Bruce Cabin Cover w/ cowl plugs, MP3 Audio Input Jack.

Attachments

• _watermarked_3a655f18fe2caba669c91232107d1815.jpg
    _watermarked_3a655f18fe2caba669c91232107d1815.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 73
  • _watermarked_3cbee45f9188e8a6bac8d47b427a7be2.jpg
    _watermarked_3cbee45f9188e8a6bac8d47b427a7be2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 84
  • _watermarked_96aadba3935eef3c126e0e2f432b6fbb.jpg
    _watermarked_96aadba3935eef3c126e0e2f432b6fbb.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 60
  • front seats 2.JPG
    front seats 2.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 51
  • back seats (2).JPG
    back seats (2).JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 32
Looks nice and clean. Enjoy!!!

Good news!! When is the local unveiling? It's necessary that we all get to Ohhh and Ahhh as well as offer useless advice on what to do now that you are an owner!!

Gary

Beautiful! Congrats!

Very nice! I (and Spike and Bo and Dave and others) are here in the Dallas area. Would love to see it in person when you come to pick it up, if you have time before you head out. Will you let us buy you a beer in celebration (assuming you'll have an overnight where you could let those 8+ hours dissipate)?

Very nice! I (and Spike and Bo and Dave and others) are here in the Dallas area. Would love to see it in person when you come to pick it up, if you have time before you head out. Will you let us buy you a beer in celebration (assuming you'll have an overnight where you could let those 8+ hours dissipate)?

Thanks!

Well Mary would love a beer, I'll take all the sweet tea I can get! We are planning to fly in to (IAH) thursday morning and drive up to Palestine, it's a longer drive then from Dallas but the rates are way cheaper for one way tickets. The plan is to bug out of town friday morning so we can keep our reservations at Windwood resort (WV62). If so we'll be looking to catch up thursday for lunch and or dinner.

A friend from Palestine knows the guy who sold it. Said he really liked it but had a hip replacement and his doc wouldn't let him fly it any longer. :rofl:

Thanks!

Well Mary would love a beer, I'll take all the sweet tea I can get! We are planning to fly in to (IAH) thursday morning and drive up to Palestine, it's a longer drive then from Dallas but the rates are way cheaper for one way tickets. The plan is to bug out of town friday morning so we can keep our reservations at Windwood resort (WV62). If so we'll be looking to catch up thursday for lunch and or dinner.

Ah, thought you were going to be in McKinney; Palestine is too far for me to drive on Thursday, sorry!!

Looks like it's got every thing you'll need for some serious cross country.
Great Deal.

What kind of pinhead would buy a Sundowner????;)

Congrats guys. Can't wait to see it in person.
Great looking bird

Excellent aircraft! I did my instrument training in one back in the 80s and owned a Sport for a while. Very comfortable way to fly. Enjoy, and congratulations!

Nice!

That paint looks kinda like mine, on the Bonanza.

Congratulations to you!

Congratulations! She's a good-looking bird. Sorry that I'll probably miss you here in Houston, but have a safe trip.

Congrats, it's a nice looking bird. I've had my eye on a 530. I think it would be a great asset in the air.
Good luck and have fun.

What kind of pinhead would buy a Sundowner????;)

Beats me... think he's got any relationship to the kind of pinhead who'd buy a Matrix? ;)

In all seriousness, both very nice aircraft.

Congrats Gary! That's really nice. Don't let anybody kid you cause its "slow". That gives you more time in the air to enjoy right?

Not that I subscribe to that theory, but I thought it would make you feel better.

:D:D:D

Gary's in Texas today picking it up; he couldn't have POSSIBLY picked a better day weather-wise. It's GORGEOUS and comfortable temps today behind yesterday's cold front and storms.

Gary, Mary and the Sundowner are on their way home. Wheels up at 9:09AM from Aero Country.
The plane was wet all over from us drooling on it!
Bo & Sandra

(We have video, but it was too big to upload)

Flightaware currently shows him just north of Baltimore at 5500 and 122knots.

Last edited:
They stopped in last night at Windwood and let us drool over the plane this morning. :arf:

We departed Windwood behind them, fueled at W99, and then flew together (2 miles apart and in-sight at 5500 feet) back from Windwood till east of Frederick, where we went north and he headed to ILG. Got a text they were on the ground shortly after we arrived at KLOM.

Nice plane,... very nice.

I'm sure he'll post back when he gets a chance to unload from everything.

It was indeed a beautiful plane and a nicer guy could not have deserved it. Mucho rooms and sharp looking panel!

And here are the happy owners leaving Windwood in their new pride and joy this morning.

Attachments

• 000_0745.JPG
    000_0745.JPG
    776.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_4159.JPG
    100_4159.JPG
    674.3 KB · Views: 26
Back