Marker Beacons Help Wanted

brent de freitas

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Brent.De
so I am trying to do some research about marker beacons and from what I understand from the books I have ILS use OM at the FAF, MM at the DH and IM also at the DH on cat 11 and above. but when the IM is on the DH where is the MM placed on CAT 2. if anyone can clear this up it would be nice. and if the above information is wrong where are the different beacons place

so I am trying to do some research about marker beacons and from what I understand from the books I have ILS use OM at the FAF, MM at the DH and IM also at the DH on cat 11 and above. but when the IM is on the DH where is the MM placed on CAT 2. if anyone can clear this up it would be nice. and if the above information is wrong where are the different beacons place
The IM and the MM are placed in the recycling bin. They are mostly decommissioned. Even OM are going away.

LOL yeah I know but as student pilots we are still required to learn about it. don't ask me why

Do you talk to your mother with that same mouth?
You should be ashamed.

Back