Mark I Eyeball (and other way over used terms)

Captain

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
First Officer
I have two Mark I eyeballs. My Mark I eyeballs are blue. What color are your Mark I eyeballs?

I look outside the plane with my Mark I eyeballs. I hope everyone looks outside the plane with their Mark I eyeballs.

I use my Mark I eyeballs to mostly spot other airplanes. I hope those other pilots are using their Mark I eyeballs too.

I always refer to my Mark I eyeballs as Mark I eyeballs. Each and every time, post after post, thread after thread, I always call my Mark I eyeballs 'Mark I eyeballs'. I do not know why.

My draft card says my Mark I eyeballs are blue also. But I think it is wrong. I think they are one of those color names that isn't a real color that I couldn't think of when I applied at the draft board so I just guessed - the lady sitting there in front of me said she couldn't tell me what color my Mark I eyeballs were.

But whatever color they are, I do use them for looking out the window a lot.

My Mark I eyeballs are green with brown. The lady at the DPS said they were hazel, so thats what's on my pilot cert and DL.

My Mark I eyeballs seem to provide more complete information if they have access to modern avionics, such as a GPS. Just sayin...

Mine are hazel and I just picked up my newest visionary correctional application device this morning.

My Mark I eyeballs seem to provide more complete information if they have access to modern avionics, such as a GPS. Just sayin...

Well there's an excellent point! I didn't think about it but I guess I do use my Mark I eyeballs to look at my instruments too. I use my Mark I eyeballs to look at my six pack. I use my Mark I eyeballs to look at my moving map too. Heck, I look at paper charts with my Mark I eyeballs.

Every six months my doctor checks my Mark I eyeballs to make sure they are working Mark I eyeballs and not inop Mark I eyeballs.

I think every pilot must have Mark I eyeballs and use their Mark I eyeballs now that I think about it.

I use my Mark I eyeballs to look at my six pack.

I'm going to ASSUME it is the panel you are referring to, and you are not using your Mark I eyeballs to admire your physique as you shoot a ILS backcourse in windshear, gusty crosswinds and the dead of night. :dunno:

Lol, don't worry. I lost that six pack years ago!

: )

Hey!, can you look with your Mark I Eyeballs and tell me if you see the Tarmac? I keep hearing the news say something about Tarmac, and geez whiz, I'd like to see it.

I find this hilarious as I actually googled "Mark I Eyeball" earlier today trying to find out where in the hell that expression came from.

Hey!, can you look with your Mark I Eyeballs and tell me if you see the Tarmac? I keep hearing the news say something about Tarmac, and geez whiz, I'd like to see it.

That one really doesn't bother me for whatever reason. It's simply people using a trademarked name to describe a generic thing. It's kinda like when you ask for a Kleenex even though the box clearly says Puffs.

What does grate on me like fingernails on a chalkboard is when someone says "cement" instead of "concrete" or "masonAry" instead of "masonry".

I'd say pony keg for now...but I'm working on it.

: (

So perhaps "overhead break", "with you", and "any traffic in the pattern please advice" belong on the lists?

I used to support ATINAPA. Now it sounds weak. I can see how it grates after awhile. I do still see how the intention is good though.

Oops. ATITAPA

Any Traffic In The Area Please Advise. But Napa does deserve there own...FBO gives wine away...crap wIne...but wine.

Back