Marble Hill, MO (0T3) Fly-In

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
All,

We're having a fly-in at our local field on September 29th. It's not a "local event" for locals...it's for pilots only...to "show off" our little town (whatever that means ) so you shouldn't have to worry about the local snot nosed rug rats using your pride and joy as a jungle gym.

Anyway, there is some cool stuff going on that weekend. The car show is typically pretty big and "The Cat Ranch" is a neat place. And, no, "The Cat Ranch" is not what you think...this isn't Reno...this is Marble Hill.

Anyone who's close enough...come on down!

attachment.php

A higher quality version of the flyer is available here:

http://www.topsightinc.com/files/N5057D/fly-in_Flyer4.pdf

And, yes, I know, the irony isn't lost on me either. ;)

Attachments

• fly-in Flyer4.png
    fly-in Flyer4.png
    671.5 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
All,

We're having a fly-in at our local field on September 29th. It's not a "local event" for locals...it's for pilots only...to "show off" our little town (whatever that means ) so you shouldn't have to worry about the local snot nosed rug rats using your pride and joy as a jungle gym.

Anyway, there is some cool stuff going on that weekend. The car show is typically pretty big and "The Cat Ranch" is a neat place. And, no, "The Cat Ranch" is not what you think...this isn't Reno...this is Marble Hill.

Anyone who's close enough...come on down!

attachment.php

A higher quality version of the flyer is available here:

http://www.topsightinc.com/files/N5057D/fly-in_Flyer4.pdf

And, yes, I know, the irony isn't lost on me either. ;)

Good lord!

A grass runway and no bus ride to Lambert's?

How in the world do you expect anyone to show up?

(Anyone that's actually been to Lambert's should know the joke...)

Whoo...hooo!

Stop at H88 on the way in. Their Sat hours are 8-4.

That'd be cool, David. Right now the forecast isn't too rosy but a lot can change in five days around here.

Well, it appears as if the weather gods have decided to smile down upon us after all.

For a week now the forecast has been calling for a stationary front to hang around thru the end of Saturday and spoil our fun, but now, the latest forecast calls for it to become a cold front and blow thru by noon tomorrow (Friday). Saturday's forecast is partly cloudy to sunny with a high of 77. :thumbsup: They're calling for morning fog but ceilings of 12,000+ by 10am.

We've gotten some rain, and are supposed to get more today but our runway has a nice crown so it won't be negatively affected. In fact, I'll be rolling it this morning since we now have some moisture in the ground...so it should be nice and smoooooooooooth for Saturday's event.

I don't think I've mentioned it but all proceeds from the event will be going to the local food bank. Lunch is free but we'll have a donation jar adjacent to the food table. We'll also be raffling off door prizes. Thus far we have:

Two free lunches at Wilkey's Cafe on the Mt. Vernon, IL airport

Two $10 gift certificates for the Runway Cafe at Dexter, MO

Two $15 gift certificates for J. Culpeepers, immediately across the highway from the Osage Beach airport.

$100 discount on a two night stay at Gaston's.

Lamberts at Sikeston and Famous Dave's at Branson have indicated that they'll send something but nothing yet. (maybe Lambert's knows about my tagline :) )

Also, both Sporty's and Spruce said they'd send something, but also nothing yet.

All proceeds from the "door prize raffle" will also go to the local food pantry.

It's all about having fun and helping those who aren't as fortunate.

Also, we'll have a shuttle service running to/from the other local events, the car show and cat ranch fall round-up/rendezvous --- www.thecatranchartguild.com

Come on down!

Last edited:
Tim, I'm sorry we couldn't make it. I hope you had a great turn-out.

Had a great time at Tim's fly-in today! The weather was PERFECT!
Super nice folks and great hospitality! And I mean NICE folks!

I "won" one of the raffle prizes which just so happens to be a new Sporty's Complete Instrument Course.
So now it's time to hit the books and get this IR done!

I can't thank you enough for everything Tim. It was nice to meet Chris! Abby and I had a great time.
Next time I'll work it so we can crack some beers after the flying is done!
cheers2.gif

I've uploaded a few pictures to my Skydrive of the fly-in
http://sdrv.ms/QCzd9g

Let me know if anyone has problems with the link.

PS. Tim's chili is pretty damn good!

I "won" one of the raffle prizes which just so happens to be a new Sporty's Complete Instrument Course.
So now it's time to hit the books and get this IR done!
You also won lunch for two at Wilkey's! PM your mailing address to me.

It was indeed a fantastic day weather-wise and we had a blast. Thanks for coming, Brock. It was great to see you again and to meet Abby.

I put 2.4 on my bird and never got farther than 5 miles from the field. Gave 6 rides, 3 to folks who'd never been in a small plane, on who had never been in any plane. It was a fun day.

Tim, I'm sorry we couldn't make it. I hope you had a great turn-out.
We missed you and Tom, Diana. I was looking forward to having a chance to show you guys about 1/100th of the hospitality that you've shown me over the last few years. Give Tom my best.

Brock and Abby

DSC3263-M.jpg

More photos of the fly-in taken by the local newspaper photographer Here

Shots of the car show Here

Back