map under signature

bavreze

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
bavareze
Hi.

i see some folks have a map under their signature, presumably where they have been flying. is there a widget to do it or a script or i just take a map template and color it myself?

thanks!

I thought we had a sticky thread for this but can't find it.
Is my memory failing me or am I on the wrong forum?
Heck, where am I? Who are you?
Get off my lawn, dang kids!!! :D

Lou, they have a sticky on the red board, can't recall if there's one here or not though.

So I made the map, saved it as a jpeg, and tried to upload it to my sig. It won't take an image, only a smileyface, a URL , or a few other things, but not an image. Any suggestions? And, how do we get the various threads to display in reverse order (i.e. newest first)?

Isn't it rather counterproductive to search through 23 pages of replies to find the one you want? How about a FAQ or even better, a full and downloadable user manual to the board?

Thanks,

Jim

here's my suggestion to the mods, unless something else is in the works........

have a separate thread just for sig pics. people can use that thread specifically to upload a pic they want to use for their sig. then, since it'll be on the web (ie it will have it's own url) people can then use that url in their actual signature. make sense?

Try linking to it fron the site where you made it. On the original image one the site, select "copy image address". Then use the image icon (mountains with sun) to paste the link.

I think my suggestion was more for people who might not have their sig image out there on the web somewhere. Hard to image that these days, but not e'rbody has a place on the web for images and stuff.

So I made the map, saved it as a jpeg, and tried to upload it to my sig. It won't take an image, only a smileyface, a URL , or a few other things, but not an image.

I believe you can drag and drop the file directly into the editing box. JavaScript magic then ensues.

I believe you can drag and drop the file directly into the editing box. JavaScript magic then ensues.

The only way I got mine to work was to deep link to my map in my AOPA signature. Looks like Lou did the same and a few others who hang out on the red board.

The only other way i can think to make it work is to download the file, upload it to a website you own and link it from there. Don't think you can link it from google docs or anything either. It would be nice to have that functionality back here.

I swear I uploaded a graphic into a Sig during the beta testing. @jason is that something that changed when it went live?

I swear I uploaded a graphic into a Sig during the beta testing. @jason is that something that changed when it went live?
It seems to require a URL link now. It used to be that you could load the image direct from your computer. Under the new software, that doesn't seem to be an option.

Back