Mansfield, TX

Bill

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
This page intentionally left blank
South central DFW area, anyone know about that town or area?

Steers and .....never mind.

No, know nothing about it Bill. :)

What do you need to know?

Prosperous area, growing, great (well-funded) schools. Suburb of Fort Worth.

Schools, quality of life, home prices, recreation, airport nearby, the usual.

My wife may have a lead there, not that we're really looking to move, but you never know. Being an engineer in electronics, I have no doubt I could find something the the DFW metroplex.

Like Spike said, the schools are well respected. But with that comes the taxes.

You'll be in commute hell is you need to get to Dallas or Fort Worth from there. Arlington/Grand Prairie might be livable commutes.

Go stay there for a few WEEKDAYS and make up your own mind. The weekend traffic will deceive you.

Like Spike said, the schools are well respected. But with that comes the taxes.

Go stay there for a few WEEKDAYS and make up your own mind. The weekend traffic will deceive you.

Traffic and taxes, two things I just *love*, not!

Most likely not going to happen, but it just depends on how big the carrot may be.

You'll be in commute hell is you need to get to Dallas or Fort Worth from there.

Yeah, most of what I would find would likely be in Richardson, which would probably be commuter hell from Mansfield.

YMMV, but there are only a few routes in/out of Mansfield to Dallas or Fort Worth. (check the map)

So during peak periods in can be a special slice of hell.

I live on the NW side of Fort Worth. (Near Eagle Mountain Lake). My current client is NW of Dallas in Frisco. It's 70 miles each way. I pay the tolls and it's routinely 1+45 to 2+30 each way. Couldn't do it if I was a daily commuter. Right now if I'm going onsite for 3 or more days in the week I get a hotel room and stay over there.

Just saw your edit. Richardson Tech Corridor.. Add an hour to those times I cited.

and it's routinely 1+45 to 2+30 each way. Couldn't do it if I was a daily commuter. Right now if I'm going onsite for 3 or more days in the week I get a hotel room and stay over there.

Just saw your edit. Richardson Tech Corridor.. Add an hour to those times I cited.

That pretty much puts a nail in it, dead. My commute this morning was a 13min bicycle ride. Yes, I'm spoiled.

Oddly enough, depending upon where to and from, sometimes traffic is not as bad as it used to be.

It's a nice area in which to live, according to my friends who have lived there, for whatever that is worth. In addition, of course, there is the possibility of living someplace which might be geographically convenient for her new gig, and something you might find.

One thing is for sure: everybody (and I mean, everybody) is hiring. Around this of the woods, if you're not working, it's because you either are incapable of working, or just don't want to.

In any event, you would be a lot closer to the Mooney factory!

In any event, you would be a lot closer to the Mooney factory!

Or, I'd be selling my Mooney share here and looking for someone who might want to sell me a piece of a Bonanza......;)

avoid the auto/truck salvage yards there..... some very sketchy operations

I hear there is an active aviation community around those parts. ;)

Back