Manifold Pressure Gauge

coloradobluesky

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
coloradobluesky
My 2 year old one is intermittently sluggish. Suggestions for fixing this? (short of a new one).

My 2 year old one is intermittently sluggish. Suggestions for fixing this? (short of a new one).
Not so new but our MP gauge has also gotten sluggish recently. It's become a running joke between me and the local mechanic about when he'll have time to look at it. I read around online and possible causes are an obstruction in the tube or an adjustment out of whack. (It has to be a little sluggish to read smoothly rather than wiggling around constantly as the engine runs, so there is apparently an adjustment to how sluggish it should be.) Unfortunately, I don't know where the adjustment is located or how to clean out the tube.

Not so new but our MP gauge has also gotten sluggish recently. It's become a running joke between me and the local mechanic about when he'll have time to look at it. I read around online and possible causes are an obstruction in the tube or an adjustment out of whack. (It has to be a little sluggish to read smoothly rather than wiggling around constantly as the engine runs, so there is apparently an adjustment to how sluggish it should be.) Unfortunately, I don't know where the adjustment is located or how to clean out the tube.
The tube on the 'Kota has a manual vent on the line just behind the instrument. I tend to vent it while idling rather than boosting...

The adjustment is inside the fitting That the line hooks to. I would consider that an instrument repair and must be done by those with the proper certifications. But that's just me, I hove no knowledge of what the hangar fairies would consider it.

Bob

What exactly are you seeing. I'm thinking if the MP is sluggish there could be a leak in the induction system.

i would guess what he is seeing is that there is a dampener built into to the gauge to flatten out the vacuum pulses that are in the induction system just like the pressure pulses in the exhaust system. if the dampener is to loose the needle bounces around, if its to tight the needle lags power changes.

bob

Back