Man Cave Update

Yellowbird

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Yellowbird
I'm getting more and more settled in. Here's the Living Room: A fridge full of Dr. Pepper, a wireless router and laptop, a Sportys air-band scanner piped through an old stereo, a couple of bookcases full of GA mags and books, some pictures on the wall, and my old rocking chair.
IMG_0651.jpg

Here's a nighttime view, taken before I hung the pictures and fixed the sagging bookcase shelves.
IMG_0509.jpg

Now, the good news: the old gent from whom I'm still renting a hangar back in IL found someone who wants to rent my old hangar, so after this month, I'm out of that lease.

And the not so good news (maybe): The outfit that I'm renting my current hangar has someone who wants to buy the unit that I am in. (They are in the business of selling hangars, not renting them, but with the economy the way it is, they'll rent one out if there are no buyers. But buyers get first pick over renters.) This time, being in a lease works to my advantage, since they would move me to another vacant unit rather than give me the boot altogether. There are three other vacant units. They all have the same amenities, except that they don't have sealed floors or a view of the runway like I currently have. I could live without the sealed floor (nice as it is, though) but it would be hard to give up the runway view. There is a possibility that they prospective buyer can be talked into taking one of the other vacant units, but he really wants a sealed floor, so he'd have to be willing to put it in on his own dime.

And to wrap up, a nice nighttime shot of Yellowbird
IMG_0503.jpg

That looks GREAT, Scott! Real furniture, pictures, and an internet connection! :) All I have is storage shelves in my hangar and a trash can... and not nice shelves, but those gray metal open ended ones and plastic storage totes. I do plan on finding a way to hang some bulletin boards on the walls though, so I can put up my collection of Sun and Fun and Airventure posters. I do have some room for those over the workbench I have.

Scott that is awesome and I am envious of you! one local pilot here in PA has put a couch and a hammock in his man cave Hangar. It is a VERY nice touch!

Wow! It looks as though you treat it with a feather duster, so clean. Mine didn't look too bad before "things" started to gather, and now needs some TLC.

HR

Attachments

• N7872G 0606.jpg
    N7872G 0606.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 47
  • N7872G 06062.jpg
    N7872G 06062.jpg
    386.4 KB · Views: 43
  • N7872G 101208.jpg
    N7872G 101208.jpg
    560.6 KB · Views: 44
Wow, didn't know we had someone in Deleware, OH. I've flown into that airport. I'll have to stop in and say hi next time I visit my sister in Lewiscenter. Nice little place.

I like it! Very nicely done.

My hangar isn't nearly as nicely laid out. That makes me want to clean it out some more. Although it would be nice if it were a bit bigger, with my plane in it there's not a ton of room for other stuff. Looks like your hangar is bigger than mine.

Sweet. Wish mine looked like that.

You'd have to get rid of the runway hog first. ;)

Yeah, my 2,700 ft runway at N47 is a deal breaker. Haven't been able to fly out in ten years of being based there. :D

...And the not so good news (maybe): The outfit that I'm renting my current hangar has someone who wants to buy the unit that I am in. ...
It looks like I'm safe, at least for now. I met the guy who's looking to buy a hangar, and he's going to buy the one next door to mine and have someone do the epoxy floor. And the icing on the cake: He's a Cardinal guy - has an RG, which used to belong to a friend of mine back in MA.

Excellent! Great pics. I wish my hangar was 10% that clean. I seem to share it with a colony of black widow spiders.

... I seem to share it with a colony of black widow spiders.

My last hangar was infested with giant crawdads.

Well, maybe not "infested" - there was only one.

And maybe he wasn't really "giant", but he sure was mean.

I find toads in and around my hanger every Spring. Not really an infestation. Any they're not mean. When I find one I consider it good luck, I like toads.

have you kissed any?

Of course if you find a pricess the wife may not be happy about it...

I'm establishing my territory.... (I got this sign at AirVenture)

20100809_05.jpg

Back