Man Cave Honor

Art Master

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Art Master
We live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men. Who's gonna do it? You're wife?! You have a greater responsibility than she could possibly fathom. You weep to become a bachelor again, and you curse the day you lost it. You don't have that luxury anymore, the luxury of knowing what I know. That being a bachelor, does have it's moments, it probably saved my life. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, may save your life. Sure… you don't want the truth, because deep down you don't talk about this stuff at parties.

Well, I'm tell'n you fellas. You want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. Women use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a woman who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather she just said thank you, and went on her way; otherwise, I suggest you pick up a painting, and stand a post.

www.exportrait.com

Looks great. Like the perspective. Curious though, your website says you do commissions for portraits and that you work from a good quality photograph provided by the client. Do you also do commissions for aviation art and would require a photograph for that as well?

Looks great. Like the perspective. Curious though, your website says you do commissions for portraits and that you work from a good quality photograph provided by the client. Do you also do commissions for aviation art and would require a photograph for that as well?

Hi Dave,

Thx for your kind words!:)

Yes, I do require a photograph for aviation art. I'm a disabled individual and cannot travel. As long as you have something good to work with, or several photos to work from, I can combine them to suit your needs. I can also add options to the painting to suit a requirement. Eg. Cloud types, backgrounds, etc.

Please note: Any photograph you provide, if it includes, people, other than yourself, or buildings that you do not own, requires either a signed model release, or property release respectively, or both.

If you require something specific, I would either have to find a public domain photograph to use, or if unsuccessful, you would be required to license the image(s) for a fee. These contracts and fees vary widely, from Royalty Free* (RF), a one-time use, Rights Management (RM) or Rights Management Exclusive (RM-E). Fees range from as low as $100.00 up to $1,500.00 depending on who owns it, and the license specifications. (Number of prints, duration, territory, media etc.) These fees and source documents would have to be supplied by you.

If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to email me.
(Link provided at bottom of home page.)

Tim

* p.s. Royalty Free (RF) does not mean outright free.

It is a trivial thing, but it makes all the difference in that great speech; the last part of the last sentence was "pick up a weapon and stand OPPOSED".

What medium are you working with?

Digital Oils.

Corel Painter X3, is so good at duplicating physical oils, I switched over.
The beauty of it is, every print is an original. No mess, smell, clean up, etc.

When looking at one of my paintings, you'd swear it was done with physical paint. That's how far technology has advanced.

By the way, Corel Painter also includes every media you can think of. Chalk, pencil, charcoal, crayon, pastel, marker; even paper textures. Every "brush" can be customized, and saved.

My work is completely done freehand, as with physical media.

IMHO, filtered photos that have the "painting effect" is kindergarten art.
You may have heard of "cloning" or "clone brushes". I never use them. The difference is quite obvious, even to the layperson.

Feel free to view my work recorded and time compressed on my YouTube Channel. Speed Paint

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.:)

It is a trivial thing, but it makes all the difference in that great speech; the last part of the last sentence was "pick up a weapon and stand OPPOSED".
Hmmm, I think Art has it right.

From Wikiquote:
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post.
http://youtu.be/hopNAI8Pefg?t=1m21s

Last edited:
Looks like oils to me

Here's a close up of the paint brush strokes.:goofy:

Click to open in viewer, then click inside viewer to open separate browser window for best view.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    3 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Back