Malibu mishap at OSH 2015

txflyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Fly it like you STOL it ♦
We missed the malibu crash by maybe thirty minutes. The airport was closed when we got there, but one of our buds said it had looked like Hiroshima where they went down.

One thing that saved the people for sure was the emergency responders were right there is what they're saying. Life flight was called in.

Care to speculate on what went wrong?

http://fox6now.com/2015/07/22/small-plane-crashes-while-landing-at-eaa-in-oshkosh/

Mishap? Where I come from, when you rip a wing off and BBQ the airplane, we usually call it a crash.

Mishap? Where I come from, when you rip a wing off and BBQ the airplane, we usually call it a crash.

I was smoothing it over for Google. Don't want to besmirtch OSH and all.

Looks like the fuselage is up in the picture. He said he stalled, so he's lucky he crashed and ended upright. ;)

In an aside, Imwas talking with Rick, who puts on the pyrotechnics at OSH, and he was telling us (before the crash) that one of the things they make sure of now at airshows is that the crash & rescue trucks are truly ready to roll within seconds during the show, because seconds do count. There have been incidents in the past elsewhere when the trucks had lawn chairs set up on top of them and the personnel acted more as show spectators than trained rescuers.

Back