Male Vocals: Sound of the Rockies

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
My 777 pilot friend is singing in the 2008 Sound of the Rockies group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmV_pzfnij0

They won 3rd place at the BHS Internationals 2007.

1st place - Westminster chorus...Oh man they are amazing
2nd place - tied for 1st but lost the title by 11 points in the tie breaker for the singing: Ambassadors of Harmony ...wow!!
3rd place - Sound of the Rockies

We'll have to see what 2008 brings... they're practicing hard! You can catch some of the other BHS International vocal performances at this link, if you enjoy good male singing:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query="BHS+International"

Damn! If they weren't the best ones there, I can't even imagine what those other groups sounded like. It's like the ultimate barbershop chorus.

Reminds me of Bohemian Rhapsody for some reason....

Not bad tho.

WOW. Those guys are AWESOME. Is this some kind of high-end recreational group or what?

Well Troy tell your friend Congrats for me and i really like the youtube video.
They do sound GREAT.
Dave G

That 'about us' link has MP3 training files for "Let Me Call You Sweetheart", all four voices. We get some ambitious individuals on the board, we could have a POA Quartet at Gastons. Interested singers can PM me.

That 'about us' link has MP3 training files for "Let Me Call You Sweetheart", all four voices. We get some ambitious individuals on the board, we could have a POA Quartet at Gastons. Interested singers can PM me.

Troy,

Count me in! (Bass is probably best. ;))

Oh... You said PM. Oops. :D

How about this one - The BOWDOIN FOUR? I'm the one on the left; and 2nd from the left; and the one on the right; and the 2nd from the right. This is a photo reproduction of what the TV commercial for my store looked like. I also sang all four parts, wrote the scripts, and did the voiceovers in the jingles.
(Sorry about the quality of the image; the 2" x 3" advertising sticker didn't copy very well). [Of course, it would be rather difficult for the "Quartet" to do a personal appearance]

HR(2nd photo only to show other use of the graphics)

Attachments

• The Bowdoin Four.jpg
    The Bowdoin Four.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 7
  • Sanford (SFM) Visitors.JPG
    Sanford (SFM) Visitors.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Didja get any yet? :dunno:

BTW, there's an apparently-affiliated group that is just a quartet called Storm Front that has a hilarious version of Bugler's Holiday on YouTube too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKbrwhZKqMk

Nope, nobody else but you!! I'll find out which of these "voices" fits my voice best, then put out a call to the Gaston-goers to find what we're missing (base, tenor, etc.). I bet we can make this happen!

Nope, nobody else but you!! I'll find out which of these "voices" fits my voice best, then put out a call to the Gaston-goers to find what we're missing (base, tenor, etc.). I bet we can make this happen!

I think if we can't find someone for the high part, we'll just have to kick Jesse square in the cojones. LOL

Back