Making a post w/o a keyboard

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Testing out my new tablet PC by writing this entire post with the stylus and it even recognizes my crappy handwriting.

OK- this thing rocks!!!

which one did you get?

I got a toshiba when my Compaq TC1000 died. They make great platforms for electronic flight bags.

Along the same lines, I am in the market for a laptop/tablet. I think I want a tablet, but I don't know why. Maybe the EFB thing, although I really don't have that much use for an EFB. One of the things I want to do with it is video editing. I am not sure a tablet would have enough horsepower for that.

Any advice?

posting without a keyboard can also be accomplished using the character map, a mouse and time to kill...

¡ hola !

TMetzinger said:
which one did you get?

I got a toshiba when my Compaq TC1000 died. They make great platforms for electronic flight bags.

I gambled with the Gateway. 14.1" screen, 100GB HD, 1GB RAM, CD/DVD-R/W, blah blah blah

Greg Bockelman said:
Along the same lines, I am in the market for a laptop/tablet. I think I want a tablet, but I don't know why. Maybe the EFB thing, although I really don't have that much use for an EFB. One of the things I want to do with it is video editing. I am not sure a tablet would have enough horsepower for that.

Any advice?

Aside from the very high-end laptops (that weigh as much as desktops), you can pretty much get the same CPU/Memory/Disk in the tablets as you can in "mainstream" PCs. However, they still will fall short of what you can accomplish with a workstation.

Back