make-specific forums for cessna owners

NoHeat

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
What forum would be best for info specific to Cessna 182?

I've found make-specific forums for Beech, Cirrus and Mooney. Google shows several forums for Cessnas, so I'm not sure where to start.

I'm searching these sites for phrases like 'parts availability' and 'parts cost' to compare the kinds of gripes that owners have. That's so that I can learn a little about ownership issues that are peculiar to the various makes of single-engine planes that are good for cross-country.

So far I'm finding that Mooney owners bemoan lack of availability of Mooney-made airframe parts like ailerons, elevators, and gear doors. Beech and Cirrus owners don't seem to have so much trouble with parts availability (and they sometimes mention that they're thankful for that), but they gripe about the cost of parts. Now I'm wondering about 182 owners.

Last edited:
Probably the 'Cessna Pilots Association' site. When I had my '56 172, I was on there every day. Very comprehensive. h

Cessna has a slight advantage here over some types in that they're still *really* in business.

Parts typically aren't a problem ever. If you can't get it from Cessna, you can get it from Plane Plastics or MacFarlane.

With the Skyhawk being the highest number of production light aircraft built and the Skylane a solid second place, eveyone's got a few and parts are plentiful.

The Cessna Pilots Association has been in business a long time and provides excellent support. If you own a light Cessna, you really should be a member.

And that from a dyed-in-the-wool Grumman guy.

Back