Make a Wish Request

Razor

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Razor
I originally posted this on another message board and Brian so kindly invited me to post it here too.

I have a request that I'm hoping this network might be able to fill. Please read the following and let me know if you or anyone you know might be able to help:

A co-worker of mine (Larry) just lost his 7 year old daughter Sophie. She was born with some congenital problems and was not expected to live to adulthood, but she was expected to live longer than this. He is just shattered. The Make-A-Wish foundation was going to send them to Disney World this summer to fulfill her wish, but that obviously won't happen now. This Christmas he would like to take his wife and remaining 4 children to Disney in her memory.

What I am searching for is a willing soul with a plane big enough to carry 6 plus baggage who might donate a flight from Detroit to Orlando and back to help spare the cost of plane tickets.

We are taking up a collection at work, but I volunteered to check around with my aviation network to see if we can work something out for them because most of that money will probably need to go to lodging and Disney tickets. Taking 6 people there is not cheap.

I just lost my father and that is very difficult, but my heart just broke when I found out Larry lost his daughter.

I know most of you don't have the equipment to carry out this mission, but I thought I'd start here on the off chance that one of us might know someone who'd be willing to donate a flight.

Please let me know if you run across anyone. You can PM me as well as using the board here.

Thanks,

Carolyn

Contact Angel Flight - you can probably round up some volunteers from there even though this isn't their normal mission. I know when I was running AirLifeLine in New England I would have been able to find people to fly.

Bill

BillG said:
Contact Angel Flight - you can probably round up some volunteers from there even though this isn't their normal mission. I know when I was running AirLifeLine in New England I would have been able to find people to fly.

Bill

I suspect you'll find it difficult to come up with a volunteer that has a plane capable of hauling a family of six to Florida, unless the group could be split into two groups travelling on different airplanes.

You may have a beter chance asking frequent business travellers to donate some of their frequent flier miles to them. I got a ticket for a friend a few years ago for a family get together right before a parent died. That way, they could be assured of going in the same plane at least, at a time when splitting up the family into two "little" (read potentially dangerous, to the uninformed) planes may cause concern. Just a thought.
I'm sorry to hear of both of your losses.
KL

I fly out of ONZ (Grosse Ile, I'm under Detroit's Bravo umbrella) in a Piper Archer, I would have three seats available, which means we only need to find one other plane to carry the others. Just so everyone knows, that flight would take about 8 hours air time, and one fuel stop. If you can't find anyone with the right single plane keep me in mind.

Back