Major Award

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
At the soaring banquet last night, one of our club members got up during "story time". Usually "story time" is when we tell funny stories from the year and the funniest gets a statue of a seagull that we just call "The Bird". Anywho, Paul starts talking about how the bird is kind of a crappy award and he wanted to raise the bar for someone who was deserving. He started talking about those of us in the club who go cross country and he thought one of us should get some kind of an award. Then he mentioned that Matt had made fun of him so I was to get the award. It was a model of a Schweizer 1-23 that according to Paul had been "bouncing around in his basement" for a while. What he doesnt give himself credit for is that he is a meticulous craftsman. He made the model from a simple 2 view drawing of the glider and it is great!

Anyway, I was floored. It was a really nice gesture. Paul doesnt fly cross country but he just got a glider more suited for him and is considering starting this season. Ive been trying to get him away from the airport since I started. I hope that I have inspired (at least) him to go have fun with his glider and make it do what it was designed to do.

Attachments

• DSC01081.JPG
    DSC01081.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC01085.JPG
    DSC01085.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC01086.JPG
    DSC01086.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 26
Congrats, Tony, but that isn't The Major Award.

This is:
leglamplivingroomLarge.jpg

I just cracked myself up thinking about getting one of those and what the neighbors would think when I let it be seen from the outside.
http://www.redriderleglamps.com/

Last edited:
oh man as soon as i get 160 bucks, i know exactly what I am going to get!

oh man as soon as i get 160 bucks, i know exactly what I am going to get!

It would be fun to have in the home theater room. They have 8 leg string lights and night lights for $25 and less.

Congrats, that's a nice model but it looks like the left wing is out of rig about .5 nanometer...

Back