Maintenance problem

GauzeGuy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
GauzeGuy
A C152 at my club is down for maintenance. The reason is listed as: "Flaps stuck at 10 degrees, Hobbs meter inop."

I'm wondering where the problem is? :D

Electrical issue I presume. :)

You hinting at someone trying to sneak some free flying time by turning off the master?

Flaps down limit microswitch has failed. It's inside the right wing and is a pain to get at.

Dan

You hinting at someone trying to sneak some free flying time by turning off the master?

Ha sounds like the master switch is off. :thumbsup:

Seems to me, if the master was purposely switched off to "disable" the Hobbs meter, a write-up to the effect that the Hobbs was inop would draw unwanted attention to the practice.

Check the AGS fuse on the HM first. The flap problem could be a pre-select switch on the select lever or a limit switch on the actuator. Many times the screws will fall off the ring terminals of the pre select switches. Sometimes a microswitch wont click when it's bad.

Given a choice which instrument to smash in a static system failure, many students choose the hobbs.

Seems to me, if the master was purposely switched off to "disable" the Hobbs meter, a write-up to the effect that the Hobbs was inop would draw unwanted attention to the practice.

If the master was turned off, why didn't the pilot, write up the radios too?

Back