Maine pilots

donhiser

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
donhiser
I spoke to somebody on here a couple of years ago about the possibility of renting a plane to take my family up around the Bangor/ Bar Harbor area, but couldn't find any place to do a checkout and rent an airplane from. They suggested I contact the flying club in Bangor, which I did. Good news is I can do a checkout and rent their club plane, but the cost is high for what I want to do. Does anybody else on here have any information that may help. I didn't have a chance to take them up two years ago, and I would love to take a couple of family members out sight seeing for a few hours in August when I go visit from Montana where I live. For added info, I have just over 200 hours, PPL ASEL and AMEL, Instrument current, and currently gearing up for my Multi Commercial checkride sometime in the next few weeks.

Thanks for any help!

From what I hear, rentals are tough to come by up that way. (I know this because my fiance is from there and have looked into doing some flying up there, coincidentally I usually go up there in August as well). Try to get ahold of whereisrandall on here, he may be able to help you out.

Back