Maine Clambake

That brings back memories. I worked at Linekin Bay Resort as a summer job during college in the mid 70's. Cabbage Island was right off our dock. They run a boat out to the island from Boothbay Harbor, the actual island is one bay over from Boothbay. Real pretty area.
I have lots of stories from those summers. We had a small fleet of sailboats (Lightnings) for the guests. A few guests would try to sail too far out for their own safety. Same ones each year. When "Jaws" came out, we got asked if there were sharks. We always answered, "Not inside of Cabbage Island". That was the end of going too far out :).

Also, Wiscasset is closest airport. KIWI. Traffic in the summer can be unreal on weekends, only one road up the coast.

Also, Wiscasset is closest airport. KIWI. Traffic in the summer can be unreal on weekends, only one road up the coast.
Wicked ****ah :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I love clambakes. My parents were from New England, so growing up we'd have them several times a year, either on-site, or shipped in a large can that you put on the stove to cook (yes, there are places that will ship them live for you to cook at home.

https://www.clambakeco.com/shipped-clambakes

Can also get chowdah shipped....

Back