Mailed records turnaround time

Airplane guy 28

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Arrow lover
Anyone have any recent experience requesting FAA records to be sent to a Psych and AME? I sent the request at the end of December and got quick confirmation it was received. But hasn’t been sent yet 5 weeks later.
I expected this long to review reports submitted to them and make a decision but not to drop some paper in the mail. Just wondering how long this part takes.
Thanks,

Sounds about right. Took that long when I requested. These are our tax dollars at work! More efficiency courtesy of the most incompetent part of the federal government.

It was about 6 or 7 weeks from request acknowledgement to records in hands when I asked for mine 1.5 years ago.

Update for the next person searching this topic

Request faxed 12/27/2019

Records mailed to Dr 2/3/2020

FYI, I requested a copy of my own FAA medical records (not for my doc) sometime last summer. Got the acknowledgement letter in late August. Still waiting....
Called last month and the lady said that office is swamped and very backlogged. She "made a note" that I inquired. Reckon I'll inquire again as I was hoping to have them in hand before I go for another 3rd class before I turn 40 later this year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back