Madison Memorial Day WE

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
Don't know if I mentioned it, but my middle niece is graduating early from HS and I'm headed back up to the Portage area on this weekend. If anyone would like to link up that-a-way, let me know. I should get in Thursday with her graduation that evening. So, I should be able to meet up Fri. Sat. or maybe Sunday.

Best,

Dave

Uhhh, Dave... Memorial Day weekend is still two more weekends away. This is Mother's Day weekend, next is Fly-B-Q weekend, and after that is Memorial Day weekend. ;)

So, assuming you meant Mother's Day... Well I dunno yet. I have to work this weekend so I can get a nice long weekend for the Fly-B-Q, so it'll depend on where they decide to send me this weekend. :dunno:

Kent:

Yep, a couple weeks off.

She's graduating the 24th. So, I'll fly up that day and probably fly home Sunday.

Best,

Dave

Yep, a couple weeks off.

She's graduating the 24th. So, I'll fly up that day and probably fly home Sunday.

Aha... Well, I should be in town that weekend. :) I think I'm flying with my CFI from noon to 3 Saturday.

Sunday lunch on the way home, maybe?

Will be at 6Y9. Probably not getting your Baron in and out of there.

Thanks Ed. As a younger man, I would get myself into a lot of situations where the exit was problematic. Now, I do try to think a bit farther ahead <g>

Best,

Dave

Don't know if I mentioned it, but my middle niece is graduating early from HS and I'm headed back up to the Portage area on this weekend. If anyone would like to link up that-a-way, let me know. I should get in Thursday with her graduation that evening. So, I should be able to meet up Fri. Sat. or maybe Sunday.

Best,

Dave
I might be able to make that!

My weekends are filling up fast! The weekend after that (6/2, 6/3) is the annual Cavalcade of Planes at Clow. All are welcome to stop on by!

Me? Naah, I decided to do the Comm-SE first. As soon as that's done, I'll take a weekend or two and go to UGN to add on the Comm-ME in the DA42. :)

Ohhhh, just wondering if you could log multi time yet <g>. Guess it'll wait.

Let's touch base a bit closer to that weekend. It'd be fun to link up somewhere.

Best,

Dave

I might be able to make that!

My weekends are filling up fast! The weekend after that (6/2, 6/3) is the annual Cavalcade of Planes at Clow. All are welcome to stop on by!

I'd be fun to see you Grant. Yea, that second weekend in June looks busy to, doesn't it?

Best,

Dave

I'd be fun to see you Grant. Yea, that second weekend in June looks busy to, doesn't it?

Best,

Dave
Oh yeah. Aviation for the next 2 months:
5/12-13 -- Randolph County (I22)
5/18-20 -- Wings BQ
5/26 or 27 -- Madison w/Dave & Kent
6/2-3 -- Clow Cavalcade
6/8-10 -- Gaston's
6/15 - 25 -- Daytona Beach & Bar Harbor, ME

I'm just a flying fool!

I will be flying to Juneau on Friday (today!) for new tires on the Apache. I may work with Madison or Milwaukee. Say "Howdy" if you hear N3013P.
:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Ohhhh, just wondering if you could log multi time yet <g>. Guess it'll wait.

:D

Soon, soon... :yes: I'm hoping to have the Comm-SE done before OSH. How much before OSH will influence whether I can get my Comm-ME by then too. However, I expect that to be late summer or fall.

Let's touch base a bit closer to that weekend. It'd be fun to link up somewhere.

Definitely! Any thoughts/suggestions? Just you, or nieces too?

Never know if my nieces are coming until I get in the plane and leave <g> Like herding cats. Since one is graduating from HS a year early, the trips to celebrate what she's done; so, I'll kind of leave it to her. Worst case, Sunday on the way home surely works. I have to stop in Rockford on the way back to pick up my friend if he comes; should know about that soon; so, that works too.

If Grant or anyone has another suggestion, I'm open.

Best,

Dave

Never know if my nieces are coming until I get in the plane and leave <g> Like herding cats. Since one is graduating from HS a year early, the trips to celebrate what she's done; so, I'll kind of leave it to her. Worst case, Sunday on the way home surely works. I have to stop in Rockford on the way back to pick up my friend if he comes; should know about that soon; so, that works too.

If Grant or anyone has another suggestion, I'm open.

Best,

Dave
Can't say I have another suggestion, but we need to pick a day so I can book a plane. Plus, I have something to give to you!

How would Saturday work? I can hop over to Madison for late breakfast or lunch. Don't know if the girls would like to come along, but I can plan to come.

Best,

Dave

I wish I was gonna be around but Memorial Day weekend pretty much always finds me over in Michigan doing family stuff.

Not quite sure yet, I should have a better idea Thursday.
I don't think I'll have much of a chance getting a plane if I wait until Thursday, so I'll book one for Saturday and then try to change it if need be. How about meeting around 11:30 on Saturday at the Jet Room?

NOAA is forecasting 50% chance of rain Saturday, so it should be beautiful weather! :yes::fcross::rofl:

I've booked a DA-40 from 10 - 4 Saturday. Hayden and I will see you there!

Got in yesterday just in front of the front! As a matter of fact, we were just in front of it for the entire trip. Clear to the right and to the left, huge billowing buildups with lots of red on the NEXRAD. Had ground speeds up to 250 knots as the low gave us a neat push at FL190. Great flight, just a bit bumpy when coming in to land!

Best,

Dave

im gonna be in ames all weekend, hopefully get some glider flights in. ya'll have fun

yea dave we should. not sure when you are coming back, but ill be in ames until monday evening, then bck to cedar rapids. you'll be at gastons right?

make sure to keep me updated when youll be in RFD. Leah is still there through the summer.

Well, I've made a "no go" decision for Madison today, but Kent and Dave are still meeting up around noon.

Dave and I are meeting at Rockford tomorrow (Sunday, 5/27) after lunch. No definite time yet, but probably around 1:00 - 3:00 at North American. (I have a plane booked noon - 4:00). Feel free to stop by and witness the first handoff of Hayden on his trip from Wings to Gaston's and points beyond!

Met up with Dave & crew today in Madison at the Jet Room for lunch, and had the privilege of a few trips around the pattern in the Baron. Zooooooooom! Rode in the back at first while Kent sat right seat, then switched seats when Kent got out and I had my own chance at the controls. I thought the plane's handling was great. Lighter on the controls than I expected. Nice and stable. I haven't flown anything fast lately, so seeing 140 knots not too long after takeoff= yee hah!

Dave, nice meeting you - thanks for lunch and the flight in your nice plane!

Wonderful to meet you Kate and to see Kent again. Glad we got to do a spin around the pattern. My nieces were chatting about meeting you later. Lindsay will probably look you up for a ride in your 172. Thanks for coming today.

Best,

Dave

Well, Dave and I met up at Rockford before he picked up Bob and headed back to Dallas. He made it home safely (after a diversion to Whiteside for some reason). Pictures of the handoff of Hayden are at http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14281. He showed off the aerobatic capabilities of the plane for me too as we did a couple spins around the pattern.

Thanks, Dave!

Dave stopped at Whiteside after someone in the plane encountered unanticipated gastro intestinal distress! First time since I've been flying. Luckily, it was severe clear at that location and there were no delays <g>. The old fast taxi to the FBO, run in pretty fast without stopping to chit chat! After that, all was fine. Does Hayden have anything contagious?

The rest of the trip went well in light of the circumnavigation of a lot of yellow and red stuff on the NEXRAD. Things worked out well and Addison was basically VFR.

Guess well make sure Hayen gets to Gaston's. How was I so lucky as to get picked for this unique distinction <g> It's wonderful to know how many POA board folks have placed this implicit level of trust in my hands <head bowed>.

We have been thinking of getting Hayden some special qualifications while here in Dallas! We'll share our thoughts as time allows.

Best,

Dave

Since when is your Baron approved for spins?:D

Uhhh Awww! Guess you caught me, Lance.

Maybe Kate will inspire one of the nieces to take up flying!

That'd be fun. Maybe I could introduce your daughter to something this expensive as a quid pro quo!

Best,

Dave

Got a couple of pics at MSN. Great seeing Kent again and meeting Kate!

First pic is Kent admiring his initials on my plane; looks like he's got a piece of tail, but it stayed on the plane!

Second pic is of our auspicious little group. Niece Bonnie; AJ and Niece Lindsay, Dave, Kate and Kent.

Weather got a bit iffy there and had to shoot an approach in and go back to Portage IFR.

Best,

Dave

Attachments

• Kent at MSN May25 07.jpg
    Kent at MSN May25 07.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 12
  • MSN on May 25 07 Bonnie AJ Lindsay me Kate Kent .jpg
    MSN on May 25 07 Bonnie AJ Lindsay me Kate Kent .jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 14
Got a couple of pics at MSN. Great seeing Kent again and meeting Kate!

First pic is Kent admiring his initials on my plane; looks like he's got a piece of tail, but it stayed on the plane!
Dave,Maybe he was just pointing out to tower that it's 322, not 332, as they seemed to insist on calling you at RFD!

Back