Made a new friend

Carol

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Carol
I had the great good pleasure of meeting and flying with Mr. William Barnhill today :dance:

He's a very likeable and charming young man and I hope many more of you have the opportunity to meet him.

I flew down to his airport with is fewer than 50nm from me and we flew over to the FSS station in Anderson for a visit. He's going to be a fine pilot.

Did I remember to bring my camera? No.

Carol said:
I had the great good pleasure of meeting and flying with Mr. William Barnhill today :dance:

He's a very likeable and charming young man and I hope many more of you have the opportunity to meet him.

I flew down to his airport with is fewer than 50nm from me and we flew over to the FSS station in Anderson for a visit. He's going to be a fine pilot.

As nice as me? ;-)

RogerT said:
As nice as me? ;-)

You are both nice in your own ways. I am lucky to have so many nice friends. :yes:

Carol said:

How neat Carol! Too bad you forgot your camera. It's always fun meeting people from the WebBoard/PoA forum. :)

How did he like flying in the Comanche?

The day was very enjoyable indeed. Carol and her husband are the kinds of pilots I aspire to be. I want to be able to just fly wherever whenever, see the sights, meet people, and enjoy aviation to its fullest. Furthermore, they both give back to the community in the way of Civil Air Patrol membership. I'm very grateful for them taking time out of their Sunday to visit lil ol me at GRD and even more grateful for taking me on a ride in the Comanche. As for how I liked it, compared to the Cessna 150 I'm training in this was like a ride in a sports car! I loved every minute :)

I hope to keep in touch with Carol throughout my training, and hopefully she won't mind me bugging her with questions from time to time :D

wbarnhill said:

I hope to keep in touch with Carol throughout my training, and hopefully she won't mind me bugging her with questions from time to time :D

That's what friends are for :)

Back