Made a Mistake

F

FusedWingsLuke

So I got 1st class medical in 2017 and then another in 2018. I am planning on getting another 1st class this month and when I went through medxpress I came across a question "have you ever been arrested or convicted for driving under the influence.

in 2000 when I was in school I got arrested for driving under the influence in Louisana. It was later dismissed under article 894.

I answered the question "no" and now Im kicking myself wondering what to do. I understand what I did so seeking advice on what I should do moving forward. If I answer yes then there will be two "no's" and then a "yes" which then admits I didn't answer properly the first two times.

How does FAA review this info. Do they do a criminal background check? What should I do?

Do NOT use that medxpress.
From a new email address, create a new account and do it right!
What they do, when you omitted depends on (1) how bad it is, and (2) whether you present them with a completely certifiable package at next contact.

So I got 1st class medical in 2017 and then another in 2018. I am planning on getting another 1st class this month and when I went through medxpress I came across a question "have you ever been arrested or convicted for driving under the influence.

in 2000 when I was in school I got arrested for driving under the influence in Louisana. It was later dismissed under article 894.

I answered the question "no" and now Im kicking myself wondering what to do. I understand what I did so seeking advice on what I should do moving forward. If I answer yes then there will be two "no's" and then a "yes" which then admits I didn't answer properly the first two times.

How does FAA review this info. Do they do a criminal background check? What should I do?

If the record was expunged, which it appears article 894 in LA allows, there might possibly be an option to continue to answer no as the case law is unclear on expungements. You would definitely want to speak with an attorney in your state and an aviation attorney about it before filling out any forms.

If not expunged, then really just best to work with an expert AME to put together a complete package for the next application. And that is likely the practical thing to do, if you don’t want to pursue a test legal case, which could be quite expensive.

Clearly the OP was arrested, so Article 984 and expungement are meaningless, aren't they? There's just one truthful answer, and it isn't 'no'.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back