Made a mistake on medxpress application....

Orville.Wright

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
The Sandwich
Hello, I'm new to this site and made a mistake on my medxpress and was hoping to find an answer to my question. My question is, if I forgot to list a doctors visit (was just a check up) on my current application would the AME be able to reference my previous application and put it in the current one? I would just call the doctors office and find out when my last visit was and tell the AME to change it but the problem is I guessed the date on my last application and would like the date on my current application to match. I'm not sure if I am making a big deal out of nothing or not but regardless would like to gather some opinions. Thanks!

Your AME can fix that, give them a call. Better to be transparent and say "approximately mm/yyyy" than to guess at a date.

if you haven’t had the actual exam yet, just wait until then and ask the AME to add it. If you already had the exam and the application has been submitted, and the omitted visit was a simple wellness check, I’d just drop it since it was mentioned in your previous application, and list it next time (if it’s still within the 3 year time frame). If the AME already submitted your exam, he can’t go in and modify it at this point.

as far as the date goes, for something routine or a wellness check, just list the year and take a guess on the month if you don’t remember. If you put June 2023 on one application and April 2023 on the next, referring to the same visit, it’s NBD. But if it was a visit for a condition that has a “safety of flight” concern, like post op heart bypass check, sleep apnea eval, or diabetes management, then accurate dates are more critical.

if you haven’t had the actual exam yet, just wait until then and ask the AME to add it. If you already had the exam and the application has been submitted, and the omitted visit was a simple wellness check, I’d just drop it since it was mentioned in your previous application, and list it next time (if it’s still within the 3 year time frame). If the AME already submitted your exam, he can’t go in and modify it at this point.

as far as the date goes, for something routine or a wellness check, just list the year and take a guess on the month if you don’t remember. If you put June 2023 on one application and April 2023 on the next, referring to the same visit, it’s NBD. But if it was a visit for a condition that has a “safety of flight” concern, like post op heart bypass check, sleep apnea eval, or diabetes management, then accurate dates are more critical.
Thanks a lot for the help

Back