mabe someone can help me.

Alec Stelloh

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Alec
Im going down to Cozmel Mexico In April and I will have my pilots liceansce by then. Will I be able to rent a plane down there if available? I think it would be fun to do a short flight over the island.

Im going down to Cozmel Mexico In April and I will have my pilots liceansce by then. Will I be able to rent a plane down there if available? I think it would be fun to do a short flight over the island.

Since you will probably need a checkout, the best bet is to hire the Mexican equivalent of a CFI. Enjoy your flight.

-Skip

You're American license doesn't entitle you to fly airplanes registered in foreign countries. If you found a US registered plane for rent there you could legally fly it but I suspect the chances of that are slim. Your best bet would be to rent a Mexican airplane with a Mexican CFI to fly with you on "dual instruction" flight. And keep in mind that it's possible that such an airplane might not be in what our FAA would consider "airworthy" condition.

O yes. I would make sure I get a good condition plane. No way Im flying somthing that looks like it might fly. Yea ill have to look into it more I still have a while just wanted to know if it is possible.

Back