Lycoming Kit Engines

Tarheel Pilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Tarheel Pilot
So I looked at the Lycoming website last night, looking at their IO-233 engine option when I notice that they sell a Lycoming Kit engine, however I'm not finding any information on it. Has anyone ever ordered a Lycoming Kit Engine and what their experiences with it is?

no, but our hangar neighbor built an ECI O-360 kit engine for his RV and it worked out well

no, but our hangar neighbor built an ECI O-360 kit engine for his RV and it worked out well

I'm looking at the possibility of building a 100 hp Lycoming engine with fuel injection technology.

Charley Melot did one for my Warrior customer, it looked great, runs great, but the price increase has made it more expensive than a overhaul.

At the time it was a new engine for less than a overhaul.

Charley Melot did one for my Warrior customer, it looked great, runs great, but the price increase has made it more expensive than a overhaul.

At the time it was a new engine for less than a overhaul.

Warriors used 0-320 E3D's as stock motors and could be upgraded to 0-320 D2G's with the 74089 hi comp pistons and thicker pins and a STC... What kit engine was available for the Warrior?

Warriors used 0-320 E3D's as stock motors and could be upgraded to 0-320 D2G's with the 74089 hi comp pistons and thicker pins and a STC... What kit engine was available for the Warrior?

I don't have the logs here to note the numbers used.

Back