Lunch tomorrow Sept 20 at Bolivar, MO (M17)

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
We're flying to Bolivar for lunch tomorrow. Barb's joining us as a flight of two. Anyone else care to join us?

e you staying for dessert?

We're flying to Bolivar for lunch tomorrow. Barb's joining us as a flight of two. Anyone else care to join us?

n't planning to venture that farrrrr norrrrth, just currrrrious.

Probably. :) Or we could even fly back to the farm for dessert. We eat dessert anywhere and everywhere. :D Are you going to be around?

l would like to go, but looking at the wx shows a convective sigmet and a airmet for turbulance. Think I will stay home today and watch tv.

So glad I got to see you, Diana and Tom! (And I didn't even know about it. I've just gotta find more time to relax!)

See ya soon.:yes:

So glad I got to see you, Diana and Tom! (And I didn't even know about it. I've just gotta find more time to relax!)

See ya soon.:yes:
Jim, it was great visiting with you and Mary as well. Plus it was an added bonus to get to spend time with Marc as well. :yes:

We flew down to Neosho to return those chocks and said "Hi" to a few friends with grass strips, then flew to Pittsburg and visited with Malcolm there and then took the courtesy car to eat, and flew home. Tom practiced landing back at the farm. I'm thinking more practice is in order for him! :D

It's always good to see 4216Y taxi down the runway, B) and I sure enjoyed chatting with everyone.

Hope you were able to get Tom lined out on his landings ;):D

By the way, we're doing a fly out to K81 (Miami County, KS) Saturday morning (09/27/08). Leaving M17 8:30ish I believe.

marc

Seems like the restaurant has changed hands a few times??
How is it now?

The blackberry pie was really, really good. :yes:

Remember the Navaho that took off and both engines quit?
Landed on the adjacent Silo Ridge Golf Course - no injuries.
I guess I don't remember that story. How long ago was that?

Hope you were able to get Tom lined out on his landings ;):D
Well, it's pretty hard for me to be quiet up front. :D Especially when we're headed for the soybeans. :D

By the way, we're doing a fly out to K81 (Miami County, KS) Saturday morning (09/27/08). Leaving M17 8:30ish I believe.
That sounds like fun! I'll put it on the calendar. Hopefully the new cylinder will be on by then.

Well, it's pretty hard for me to be quiet up front. :D Especially when we're headed for the soybeans. :D

It's a shame we can't find that conversation on liveatc.net, or, maybe that's a good thing.:)

marc

Sorry I missed it, Diana, I was home for a class reunion (we won't talk about which one).

I thought the Bolivar restaurant was closed. Give us a report, please!

I was also recently told that we-b-smokin at Miami County was closed...something about forgetting to pay sales tax. Bogus info I presume.

Last edited:
It's a shame we can't find that conversation on liveatc.net, or, maybe that's a good thing.:)

marc
:D I exercised great restraint in commenting this time. :D

Not so the first time I rode along in the front seat while he practiced landing here from the back seat. :eek: :D

Sorry I missed it, Diana, I was home for a class reunion (we won't talk about which one).
Well, you must look younger than you are. :D

I thought the Bolivar restaurant was closed. Give us a report, please!

They wrote down their present hours for me when I was there, so here they are:

Monday - Friday: 10:30 - 2:30
Saturday: 7:30 - 2:30
Sunday: 8:00 - 2:30

I was also recently told that we-b-smokin at Miami County was closed...something about forgetting to pay sales tax. Bogus info I presume.
I flew up there three weeks ago as a flight of two with Barb and met Kim and it was open then.

That's when I took a picture of that cool airplane and posted it here. It was a busy little airport.

marc

Change of plans. (you know a plan is just one more thing to go wrong....)

We're going to the plancake breakfast in Sedalia (KDMO) Sat and staying to watch the brave souls fly their aircraft upside down :D.

marc

Change of plans. (you know a plan is just one more thing to go wrong....)

We're going to the plancake breakfast in Sedalia (KDMO) Sat and staying to watch the brave souls fly their aircraft upside down :D.
Oh, Ok, thanks for letting me know. I was thinking of maybe flying to Miami County. Maybe I'll just stay home and fly my aircraft upside down. :D

The story I'm wanting to hear is how they got the Navajo off the golf course :dunno:.

Some of those golfers will only wait so long before they decide to play thru. :eek:

marc

Back