Lunch in Sandusky, MI Oct. 1

Missa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AsGoodAsCake
"Soup and Lunch Fly-In/Drive-In with homemade bread and pies."

Their breakfast was so good, I'm planning on makeing it to their lunch.

Anyone else going?

T-bone, I've got the cherokee 180 out of Mettetal from 9-3 (Troy's runway is suppose to still be under construction) right seat is still open, and if your checked out in it I'd be willing to split the flying. :goofy:

Missa

I'll see what my buddy is up to that weekend - we should be about due to go :)

SJP said:
I'll see what my buddy is up to that weekend - we should be about due to go :)

Ok, we're confirmed, we'll be there Saturday in the Mooney, assuming the plane is available and the weather cooperates.

Ok, so who's bringing a TV so we can watch the Michigan vs. State game????

I just discovered it's at noon... I was so hoping for a 3pm kick off.

Missa

Missa said:
Ok, so who's bringing a TV so we can watch the Michigan vs. State game????

I just discovered it's at noon... I was so hoping for a 3pm kick off.

Missa

We need to watch it ?

State will kick butt ;)

What time ya'll gonna be there?

My football cheering season ended the first 5 minutes of the ND game. 2005 never happened.

N2212R said:
My football cheering season ended the first 5 minutes of the ND game. 2005 never happened.

Well, yea me too...

N2212R said:
What time ya'll gonna be there?

I gots the plane from 9-3 outta Mettatal. So I should get there at 10:30 or so... I'd give you the tail number but I can't remember it.

Missa

Ack!! Missa, just got your email. Unfortunately, I've not been here on POA much lately, (over a week!) so am just now finding out about this. Already have conflicting plans for Sat. Very sorry I won't be able to make this, sounds fun (and tasty!). And I am half checked out in the 180, tail number is N4595T, she flies nice! I flew here once, Nick wanted to go up once more, and I've flown Cessna's since. Need to finish that off! Have fun everyone, hopefully I'll catch the next one.

T Bone said:
Ack!! Missa, just got your email. Unfortunately, I've not been here on POA much lately, (over a week!) so am just now finding out about this. Already have conflicting plans for Sat. Very sorry I won't be able to make this, sounds fun (and tasty!). And I am half checked out in the 180, tail number is N4595T, she flies nice! I flew here once, Nick wanted to go up once more, and I've flown Cessna's since. Need to finish that off! Have fun everyone, hopefully I'll catch the next one.

Figured that's what happend, that's why I sent the e-mail... I guess I should have sent it earlier.

ok now who can I get to fly with me?

Thanks for the tail number.

Missa

Missa said:
Figured that's what happend, that's why I sent the e-mail... I guess I should have sent it earlier.

ok now who can I get to fly with me?

Thanks for the tail number.

Missa

We should be wheels-up at around 9:30 or so, so we'll be over to Sandusky at about 10-10:15. Green/White '66 Mooney N3396X. Just listen for the accent on the radio.

SJP said:
We should be wheels-up at around 9:30 or so, so we'll be over to Sandusky at about 10-10:15. Green/White '66 Mooney N3396X. Just listen for the accent on the radio.

Same one from last time right? Mine will be diffrent, a common problem with renting. -sigh-

First glance at the weather looks good! Woo Hoo.

Missa

WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

The plane wouldn't start this morning no matter what I and three of the local flight instructors tried. It evidently was having trouble yesterday. All of the other planes out of Mettatal were booked so it a beautiful day to fly and I'm stuck on the ground. Please don't tell me how wonderful lunch was... sniffel.

Then I called up my beloved Berz Flight School just to check and see if one of theirs was open. Not only did I strike out on a plane for today I found out they are leaving Oakland-Troy! WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA They are working out of the tie downs for right now but they are moving temporarily to Ray Community and hope to make that permeate... which is a bit of a far drive for me! sniffle I'm losing my planes! Now I really being pushed to buy my own... So Ed, how much did you want for the plane?

Missa
-A girl without her plane is a tragic sight. :(

Missa said:
WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

The plane wouldn't start this morning no matter what I and three of the local flight instructors tried. It evidently was having trouble yesterday. All of the other planes out of Mettatal were booked so it a beautiful day to fly and I'm stuck on the ground. Please don't tell me how wonderful lunch was... sniffel.

Then I called up my beloved Berz Flight School just to check and see if one of theirs was open. Not only did I strike out on a plane for today I found out they are leaving Oakland-Troy! WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA They are working out of the tie downs for right now but they are moving temporarily to Ray Community and hope to make that permeate... which is a bit of a far drive for me! sniffle I'm losing my planes! Now I really being pushed to buy my own... So Ed, how much did you want for the plane?

Missa
-A girl without her plane is a tragic sight. :(

If I had known you were having such a problem I might have flown over to get you. It would have been a good reason to do a little more flying. Anyway, I went this morning and stayed for about three hours waiting for you. I didn't see Ed but I saw that he signed in. I figured he was there and gone before I arrived but then I saw his plane taxi out on to the runway for departure. I don't know why I didn't spot him.

A good friend of mine was the guy collecting the money as people arrived so I sat and talked with him just about the whole time I was there. He's a good friend but I haven't seen hm for about 6 or 7 years.

I know this isn't exactly what you want to hear right now but, Oh my God what a beautiful flying day today was. My trip from PHN to Y83 was as smooth as glass even at 2,500 feet. When I left Sandusky I went over to Ray Community and visited with my friend who built an RV6. I think it was the first time I've seen his RV6 since he painted it and it looks great. When I left there I went back to PHN and visited for a little while with the flight instructor I've become friends with.

I guess you could say I just spent all day being an airport bum today and it was a nice change of pace.

Jeannie

We were there early, touched down around 10:20. Met Ed, chatted for a good while (Ed tried on my buddy's Mooney for size too). Chili was awesome.

Sorry to hear about the plane troubles - we were watching for you. We'll have to come up with a system for next time or something.

Suprisingly few people there given the turnout to the last event tho, and the day was truly gorgeous for flying (other than the squirrely crosswind !)

Steve

SJP said:
We were there early, touched down around 10:20. Met Ed, chatted for a good while (Ed tried on my buddy's Mooney for size too). Chili was awesome.

Sorry to hear about the plane troubles - we were watching for you. We'll have to come up with a system for next time or something.

Suprisingly few people there given the turnout to the last event tho, and the day was truly gorgeous for flying (other than the squirrely crosswind !)

Steve

I arrived at 11:00am and there weren't that many people there. More showed up later though so I hope they did ok. The chilli was truly awsome, I had three bowls. I stayed for about three hours talking to an old friend.

Too bad I didn't see you guys.

Jeannie

Maverick said:
If I had known you were having such a problem I might have flown over to get you. It would have been a good reason to do a little more flying. Anyway, I went this morning and stayed for about three hours waiting for you.

DOH! I Didn't even think, I have your number I could have called. I hope at least you had fun for the three hours. We got out to the airport at 9am and I didn't give up on the plane till 11am so you were probally already at Sandusky by then...

Maverick said:
I guess you could say I just spent all day being an airport bum today and it was a nice change of pace.

Sounds like a good day. Wish I had better luck with that plane. I have one of the Berz Archers for next weekend so I shouldn't have any trouble except where I will be going to get the plane. :rolleyes: That's why I like renting those planes so much. They are well maintained and fly beautifully. If I have trouble next weekend I'll remember to call.

SJP said:
Met Ed, chatted for a good while (Ed tried on my buddy's Mooney for size too).

And I was so looking forward to trying on Ed's 180.... now I really want to. I need a good reliable plane.

Can't say I'm happy to hear about how wonderful the flying and food was... but I'm glad you all had a good time. Sorry I missed out. Well, there's always next time.

Missa

It was such a nice day to fly. Had the plane all washed up the night before, did the prefilght, and she started up before 1 complete revolution. Popped up to 5,500 feet and got about 143kts ground speed to Y83. Even though the Lansing controller thought I was going to Sanusky, Ohio. Landed not too long after Steve and hs friend (Doug was it?) did. Thought i was there on the wrong day. There was hardly anybody there, and I was the only one in the pattern when I made it there. Talk about head on a swivel - quiet is not good!

Talked with Steve and his friends most of the time, and sawy Jeannie land in her Cardinal. I was going to say hello, but I didn't want to interrupt your conversation with the money collection person. Watched a Cub take off after Steve's crew departed, grabbed one more cup of apple cider and decided to call it a day at Sandusky. Flew low on the way home and decided to just have lazy flying on the way back. Flew at about 3,000 and got about 105kts on the way back. Stopped off in Greenville to get a copy of my CD to Gary Miesch and landed in front of a CAP plane giving student instruction. After touching down on the CL and hitting the first turn, I hear:
"Wow, nice landing and way to make that first turn off!"
"Yeah, and I don't even land with full flaps, thanks."
"Well, you aren't supposed make it look that easy when there's a student behind you!"
"I need to give them something to shoot for you know."

From there I did some lollygagging in the air on the way home. Circled a private strip I looked at buying a house on a couple years ago, then headed out in search of a corn maze I'd heard about somewhere between Hastings and Charlotte. Didn't find it, but decided to fly a 12 mile final back home. Wind was direct cross wind for 12-30, so I side-stepped to the left a little, let the Skydive Hastings Skylane take off on 12, and took a left base into 30, and called it a day.

Hey Missa, if you really want to try on my plane, I could zip over and pick you up at Y47 or something before heading to Mio.

Sounds like you had a great flying day too. Now I'm really depressed about that the plane wouldn't start.

N2212R said:
Hey Missa, if you really want to try on my plane, I could zip over and pick you up at Y47 or something before heading to Mio.

Hum, Will you take a maybe? I've possibly got a passenger, if he comes I would rather fly with him. If he goes fishing with his brother, that could be cool. Hum but then I may like your plane and if you decide to upgrade, I'll have to start considering which organs I can live with out so I can pay for the plane.... :rolleyes:

Missa

Hey Ed, I just received your phone message.

Thanks for dropping off your CD. Sorry I missed you at 6D6. My wife and I are currently in Phoenix until the 6th or 7th, then we are off to Sedona for the Commanders Owner Group(COG) gathering. Will be returning home on the 9th or 10th. Was the paving finished at 6D6?
Thanks again,
Gary

No, paving isn't quite finished. Looks like they have a base coat down at the FBO, but need to put another one on in order to get it level with the taxiway and runway.

Ahhhh,
Thanks Ed.
Well, hopefully the final asphalt coating will be finished before we return on Sunday.

Back