Lunch at Hard 8, KSEP, Saturday, Feb 11

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Keith (68bonanza) and I are planning to go to Hard8 Saturday for lunch if anyone in the DFW area cares to meet up with us.

I'll be picking him up at Meacham at 10:45 and then off soon after that for KSEP. Arrive there around 11:30-11:45 ish.

Post here if your going so we know to look for you.

I'll be in a white and red Warrior, N9855S.

Never been to Stephenville before (plus I could meet some of the DFW folks) - I'm down. White and midnight blue skyhawk N1161F

I bet I can wangle a hall-pass...

Crud. Made my first visit to Hard 8, three weeks ago and itching to get back. If I didn't have to be in Snyder at 12, I would make a visit to my brother living there. Round-tripping to KGTU as it is that morning so I can't complain.

Used to fly into Hooterville alot when my son went to Tarleton. Been to the Hard 8 about three times in the past year with our motorcycle club. Great food. Would love to meet you up there this Saturday, but we are riding to the Hog Creek Ice House in Speegleville near Waco.

Tell Bill and Todd at the airport that James from Tulsa said howdy.

Tell Bill and Todd at the airport that James from Tulsa said howdy.

We could really use some expert WX pontificating - you show up, I'll buy your lunch!

---

Edit:

...then I'll be able to say, "I bought lunch, and James ate a lot!" :D

We could really use some expert WX pontificating - you show up, I'll buy your lunch!
I'll pitch in desert.

Besides, I want a close up look at your Cardinal.

...then I'll be able to say, "I bought lunch, and James ate a lot!" :D
That'll be $5.00 for the pun tax jar.

-------------------
Edit... by chance would you be a fan of the author Spider Robinson?

Last edited:
Hmmm, only 549 nm from FTG, hmmm, that's a little over half a tank in the Frankenkota, hmmm....

If I wasn't in KC, MO for my brother's 40th birthday, I'd be there! Y'all have fun.

Just send me your credit card number, it'll be almost like you're here!

wish I could!

I'm not moving from my movie room Saturday. Cold enough to freeze the b@lls off a brass monkey up here.

We'll miss ye!

---

Looks like I may add a couple to the load...

I love going there but already have something scheduled tomorrow I can't wiggle out of. Have a great time. The Dr. Pepper there will not be the same now.

Best,

Dave

Weather looking no bueno right now...

I was watching too. Darn stuff waited to arrive on Saturday. :(

Now I'll just be sitting here, doing my taxes.

I'm just about guaranteed to be really PO'd by tomorrow evening.

Frank and Nate.... There will be an op for me to meet you guys on your home turf on April 13. I'll be attending a conference at the Inverness.

KSEP 111515Z AUTO 02013G21KT 10SM CLR M01/M08 A3053 RMK AO1

1hr before scheduled depart to pick up Keith @ KFTW and I'm scrubbing my flight.... The crosswind at KSEP is at the higher end of my comfort zone right now. And with the range of gusts being reported with the crosswind, I'm not going to chance bending metal.

Next Saturday (Feb 18) looks to be a possible. It will be warmer for sure. So we might postpone the festivities until then.

KSEP 111515Z AUTO 02013G21KT 10SM CLR M01/M08 A3053 RMK AO1

1hr before scheduled depart to pick up Keith @ KFTW and I'm scrubbing my flight.... The crosswind at KSEP is at the higher end of my comfort zone right now. And with the range of gusts being reported with the crosswind, I'm not going to chance bending metal.

Next Saturday (Feb 18) looks to be a possible. It will be warmer for sure. So we might postpone the festivities until then.

Weather no bueno...:(

Oh well, looks like it's great hangar BBQ weather, almost perfect.:rolleyes2:

Weather no bueno...:(

Oh well, looks like it's great hangar BBQ weather, almost perfect.:rolleyes2:

One of the many reasons I look forward to ownership and having a hangar. Days like today when I scrub the flight, I'd set up the grill and see if the other pilots are hungry.

It was windy - but we enjoyed it!

Back