Lufthansa A-380 diverted

SkyDog58

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Canis Non Grata
A Lufthansa A-380 bound for Frankfurt from Houston was diverted to JFK due to a bomb threat. Not much more info yet.

The Lufthansa pilot's union has had so many strikes this year, maybe it is a new negotiating tactic.

That's good. I can't recall the last time that a called-in bomb threat actually resulted in a bomb being found.

That's good. I can't recall the last time that a called-in bomb threat actually resulted in a bomb being found.
On planes, or in general? The Centennial Park bombing during the 1996 Summer Olympics had a phone in warning a bomb would explode in 30 minutes. It blew up 22 minutes later.

On planes, or in general? The Centennial Park bombing during the 1996 Summer Olympics had a phone in warning a bomb would explode in 30 minutes. It blew up 22 minutes later.

In general. Centennial Park was 20 years ago. How many other bombings or terrorist attacks had warnings beforehand? In comparison, how many warnings/threats were bogus?

Your question implied that there wasn't any such incidents. I agree, that most threats are probably hoaxes. It's a lot easier to make a threat without a bomb that a bomb without a threat.

If you call the IRA a terrorist organization, then yes they often do put in advance notice of the bombings. There are a handful of others (one back on the UofW campus in the 70s), etc...

But you are right. Most threats are hoaxes. Most real bombs do not have advance threats.

Back