Luck is my middle NAME

jimz

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
jimz
Hi guys,
new to this forum, I'm in Florida, like it here, have cows to keep the taxes low!
I live on my boat and do a lot of offshore fishing. Not to mention that my 2 caterpillars are thirsty
and expensive to keep up unless you know how to work on them yourself, I do.
Have a lot of airtime sitting co in Vietnam. Have not done any more rotary since than, was severely wounded a few times. Lost left eye due to shrapnel, much to my amazement, the VA through the SFU Medical eye section fixed it about 4 years ago! 20/20 now I'm just getting my medical to be able to take my Rotary and fixed wing license.

My home is at Charlotte Harbor, my farm is in Hardee county

I have flown the R22, it is a very squerly and nervous heli. I also have flown the Rotorway and it is a better handling heli, flies better is almost like a sportscar compared to the R22. I purchase a Rotorway and am repowering it with a 300hp Boeing T50 turbine. will keep updating once it is flying. Most likely I will also buy a timed out R22 and repower it with a Boeing 502-8 a 160 hp new turbine and converting it to a experimental heli. I know it is possible, paperwork intensive though! If any of you have any experience please reply!

My home is at Charlotte Harbor, my farm is in Hardee county

Ah, you’re one of those left coasters. ;) There’s a sport aviation expo at Sebring in January if you’re interested.

Ah, you’re one of those left coasters. ;) There’s a sport aviation expo at Sebring in January if you’re interested.
Thanx, I'm on it! I'm originally from Philly.

All kidding aside, thanks for your service and congrats on getting back in the air. The VA rebuilt my abdomen and has taken pretty good care of me as well.

Back