LTD's Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
So, I made my ice cream for the Gaston's dinner and a few people found it somewhat palatable (but not as much as Clark's Colorado Brownies which were absolutely cosmically delish). Thus, I thought I'd share the recipe here for those who might have an ice cream maker.

Ingredients:

4 oz Unsweetened Chocolate
2 cups (1 pt) of half & half
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt
3 Tablespoons instant coffee
1/3 cup heath bits.

Directions:

Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler. Gradually mix in 1 Cup of the half & half and the instant coffee, mixing constantly until smooth and the coffee is completely dissolved. Set aside to cool.

Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, and continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more. Add the other cup of half & half, vanilla, and salt, whisk to blend.

Once the chocolate mixture is below 100*F, pour it into the cream mixture and blend completely. Cover and refrigerate until cold (40*F). This takes from 1 to 3 hours...one hour for me since I throw it in the freezer...being the impatient bastard that I am... B)

Transfer this mixture into the ice cream maker and freeze following the mfgr's instructions. Add the Heath Bits during the last 5 minutes in the maker.

Once done, transfer to a Tupperware container with lid, freeze overnight to continue hardening. Enjoy.

Makes a bit over 1qt.

Last edited:
Amazing ice cream!

The Colorado brownies were "good" also..... from what I remember. ;)

Last edited:
Back