LSA question

piperman11

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
piperman11
Hello aviators,

If you were to get your Light sport aircraft license using your drivers license and never got a medical would you be allowed to carry a passenger? ( would carrying a passenger require a medical or 3rd class medical certificate for ex.)

-thank you

Yes, rules allow you to carry 1 passenger.

Yes, rules allow you to carry 1 passenger.

-thank you for your response , another question I have to you or to anyone who knows is whether or not the FAA is considering allowing sports pilots to fly at night in VFR conditions?

-thank you for your response , another question I have to you or to anyone who knows is whether or not the FAA is considering allowing sports pilots to fly at night in VFR conditions?
There isn't anyone pushing for this that I am aware of.

And, I would be really surprised if there was any real expansion like this because the existing S.P. were not required to do any night training.

Oh, and welcome to POA

The Lsa rules are very accommodating,for the week end pilot. Along the lines of the recreational pilot rules.

Thank you for your replies, one last question I had is as far as I know an LSA can fly at night if the pilot has his PPL and is instrument trained, if the pilot allows his medical to expire while having his PPL (IFR) could he still fly at night in an appropriate LSA aircraft with the expired medical?

Thank you for your replies, one last question I had is as far as I know an LSA can fly at night if the pilot has his PPL and is instrument trained, if the pilot allows his medical to expire while having his PPL (IFR) could he still fly at night in an appropriate LSA aircraft with the expired medical?

No, he cannot.

No. If a Private Pilot allows their medical to lapse but continues to fly LSA aircraft by exercising Sport Pilot privileges then all of the Sport Pilot rules apply.

Also a private pilot does not need an Instrument Rating to fly at night.

Back