LSA Expo

jsstevens

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
jsstevens
Anyone flown into the LSA Expo at Sebring (KSEF)? I'm planning a trip down from Orlando with my dad next week. I've read the fly in instructions and they refer to a NOTAM which I can't find. It's supposed to contain the tower frequency for the temporary tower. I'd think they'd just put it on the CTAF Freq and be done with it, but I don't know.

Anyway, anyone been there?

John

Anyone flown into the LSA Expo at Sebring (KSEF)? I'm planning a trip down from Orlando with my dad next week. I've read the fly in instructions and they refer to a NOTAM which I can't find. It's supposed to contain the tower frequency for the temporary tower. I'd think they'd just put it on the CTAF Freq and be done with it, but I don't know.

Anyway, anyone been there?

John

I assume you've been to this site http://www.sport-aviation-expo.com/flyingin.htm

It seems to imply in the wording that the NOTAM is yet to come.

Randy

Great little airport. Watch out for the MOAs on the way down.

No kidding. The restricted areas are a pain too. If you go through the MCO class B, they might push you too far East and you'd end up on the wrong side and have to go way south before turning west.

The expo is a good time. Can't make it this year but my dad, uncle and brother will be there working our booth. Stop in at the Hansen Air Group display and say howdy.

No kidding. The restricted areas are a pain too. If you go through the MCO class B, they might push you too far East and you'd end up on the wrong side and have to go way south before turning west.

The expo is a good time. Can't make it this year but my dad, uncle and brother will be there working our booth. Stop in at the Hansen Air Group display and say howdy.

I plan to go WSW out of KORL and stay out of the class Bravo. I'll head for Avon Park from KISM and then turn east to get to KSEF. They directed fly-ins to fly over Sebring at 1000MSL and then overfly the airport at 1000MSL to enter the downwind (left for 18 or right for 36) for whichever runway is in use. That forces approaching from the west side. Those MOA's are big - at least for Florida.

John

I flew down there last year. It was IFR with pretty low ceilings. The "tower" seemed to be kind of a joke. They could not coordinate with ATC which made them kind of worthless.

I flew down there last year. It was IFR with pretty low ceilings. The "tower" seemed to be kind of a joke. They could not coordinate with ATC which made them kind of worthless.

Yes, weather last year kept me on the ground. Among other schedule reasons. Did you fly an instrument approach into KSEF last year?

John

Back