Low Testosterone Treatment

Why does it need to be "severely low"? Who should decide the threshold? I have seen less than stellar physicians prescribe the stuff rather indiscriminately and that tells me something. However, if sensible replacement can improve somebody's quality of life at low risk then I think it is probably appropriate.

Well I didn't say it *has* to be severely low. What I was trying to say is that *if* it *is* severely low, treatment is a good thing for a pilot, who needs to be on his game in the plane. And I agree with your "sensible" comment. There are many good docs out there that prescribe and monitor very carefully. And I am sure there are also those that prescribe it the way some docs prescribe oxycontin. Bad docs don't negate the positive and sensible use.

I forgot my scores its been so long, but when the doctor saw my results from the tests he said I had almost zero testosterone in my body.
I do not use any replacement for this, side effects where driving me nuts, I felt like a 20 year old again and wanted to act like one. Today I am tired all the time with zero energy to do much.
They found this over 10 years ago. I was in my early 40's when they found this. I might go back on this though. Being tired is getting old.

I had almost zero as well. Treatment changed my life. If you're feeling nuts on treatment, ask your doc to reduce the prescribed amount. It's not an all or nothing medication, it needs to be properly regulated and monitored. The nice thing is, once you're established at a sensible, good therapeutic level, it's easy to maintain.

I had almost zero as well. Treatment changed my life. If you're feeling nuts on treatment, ask your doc to reduce the prescribed amount. It's not an all or nothing medication, it needs to be properly regulated and monitored. The nice thing is, once you're established at a sensible, good therapeutic level, it's easy to maintain.

Yep. My first dosage was too small/infrequent and I did not get the benefits. The next was too much too frequently and my wife was ready to kibosh the whole thing after a few nights of being a teenager again.

Now we have a good routine going - get a shot every other week in the ass, and I feel pretty good - like a 32 year old.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back