Low Altitude Aerobatics Video

Cool! Now what the heck was up with that flying formation with an airliner thing anyway?

Looks like the same clip as the nut-case dude who punched out of the Piper turboprop.

Looks like the same clip as the nut-case dude who punched out of the Piper turboprop.

Apparently not:

Extra 300S" airplane flown in extreme circumstances by aerobatic champion pilot Zoltan Veres from Hungary

I'm flying into Middleton tomorrow, Kent. Should I try chasing down a commercial jet coming into KMSN in the 'ol 172?

They might not like that! :hairraise:

What would be cool, though, would be to have a huge formation of every model of Cessna, at least those currently in production. Citation X all the way down to 172!

From some of those in cockpit views it doesn't even look like he wears a chute. Maybe he figures he never has the altitude to need one....

I wonder if pilots are regarded by Europeans in the same way as they were here in the golden age of aviation, since aircraft and pilots are so much less common there.

I about crapped myself just watching that. I guess I don't have the "right stuff".

I've watched this video a couple of times, but what this guy does is pretty crazy: if you watch any American act you will see they never do snaps down low. They will either be up high, or climbing on an upward vector. Even his knife edge/radical slips down low are very aggressive. This guy leaves himself no room for error and no safety margin. Sooner or later the odds will not be in his favor.

They might not like that! :hairraise:

What would be cool, though, would be to have a huge formation of every model of Cessna, at least those currently in production. Citation X all the way down to 172!

Hey now, Don't leave out the 150/152's! Dont discriminate against two seaters! :nono: :smile:

Hey now, Don't leave out the 150/152's! Dont discriminate against two seaters! :nono: :smile:

That's why I said "currently in production." Otherwise you'd have an awfully large formation! You'd have to add in the 120, 140, 150, 152, 170, 175, 180, 185, 188, 190, 195, 205, 210, all the 3xx and 4xx twins, the bird dog, the bamboo bomber, the one military jet they made, etc...

And I doubt a 152 at full power could keep up with a Citation X in slow flight. ;)

And I doubt a 152 at full power could keep up with a Citation X in slow flight. ;)

It wouldn't have to. You'd just have to have a photographer with a good trigger finger / timing when the Citation formation was passing the piston engine formation. :D

You're right though--that would be an incredible picture.

That's why I said "currently in production." Otherwise you'd have an awfully large formation! You'd have to add in the 120, 140, 150, 152, 170, 175, 180, 185, 188, 190, 195, 205, 210, all the 3xx and 4xx twins, the bird dog, the bamboo bomber, the one military jet they made, etc...

In other words, all the good stuff. :D

It wouldn't have to. You'd just have to have a photographer with a good trigger finger / timing when the Citation formation was passing the piston engine formation.

Just setup for the shot with all the other planes in place, then pop off a dozen shots as the anti-go-slow planes pass.

don't forget the 145 and 165 airmasters, plus the Model A (I think). Oh and Cessna also built some primary gliders during the depression. :D

And the Flyswatter (should they ever figure out how to keep the damn thing in the air...):D

Chris

Back