Lost???

But we STILL don't know Jacob's brother's name!

But we STILL don't know Jacob's brother's name!

Yes we do - didn't you catch it!? It's "The man in the black clothes". :D

I'm guessing they'll say his name in the last episode, and it will be ..........

John Locke. :yikes:

This episode should have been shown years ago. I get the feeling that after the final show, I will have more questions than answers.:mad2:

I gave up on Lost part way thru the 3rd season. It lived up to its name for me - I was so Lost by then and just got aggravated with more questions than answers every week.

Let me get this straight. A pilot's forums, where pilots watch a tv show where the plane was allegedly off course by thousands of miles, breaks apart in midair, and miraculously lands on an island that no one can find.

:sleep::sleep::sleep:

Let me get this straight. A pilot's forums, where pilots watch a tv show where the plane was allegedly off course by thousands of miles, breaks apart in midair, and miraculously lands on an island that no one can find.

:sleep::sleep::sleep:

You have to somewhat suspend disbelief, it is a science fiction show. That being said, they did explain the reason for all that...

But i am with you to some extent. Consider one of the plot points this season. They are trying to get back to the plane that crash landed on the island last season with the express purpose of using it to fly off the island.
Now, it is possible that a 767 could make a forced landing on a deserted island with minimal damage...if everything lined up perfectly, long fairly level piece of land with few trees.

Taking that same 767 off from the island is another thing entirely. I'm not sure if there even are "soft field" takeoff procedures for a 767, but I'm guessing if there are, the required take-off length is considerably longer than the minimum full stop landing distance.:D

You have to somewhat suspend disbelief, it is a science fiction show. That being said, they did explain the reason for all that...

But i am with you to some extent. Consider one of the plot points this season. They are trying to get back to the plane that crash landed on the island last season with the express purpose of using it to fly off the island.
Now, it is possible that a 767 could make a forced landing on a deserted island with minimal damage...if everything lined up perfectly, long fairly level piece of land with few trees.

Taking that same 767 off from the island is another thing entirely. I'm not sure if there even are "soft field" takeoff procedures for a 767, but I'm guessing if there are, the required take-off length is considerably longer than the minimum full stop landing distance.:D

Well, in fairness, it's a 737, and that whole thing is out the door anyway because it was boobytrapped, that's why they tried to take the sub. And, not coincidentally, that's why Chesty finally got offed.

I'm just ****ed that they've brought back all these old characters and they've never brought back my favorite, Mr. Ecko.

Well, in fairness, it's a 737, and that whole thing is out the door anyway because it was boobytrapped, that's why they tried to take the sub. And, not coincidentally, that's why Chesty finally got offed.

If I overheard that sentence outside of the context of a TV show, I'd think you were #$!#@#!@ nuts.

Cheers,

-Andrew

If I overheard that sentence outside of the context of a TV show, I'd think you were #$!#@#!@ nuts.

Cheers,

-Andrew

It's nuts even in the context of a tv show.

At least now Christina doesn't have to hear me bitching about the ludicrous concept of a 737 ensnarled in undergrowth departing from a sandy beach even if they could get the engines started.

I'm just ****ed that they've brought back all these old characters and they've never brought back my favorite, Mr. Ecko.

Hmmmm, maybe I should have been watching this show.

Sorry to burst your bubble....

images

Sorry to burst your bubble....

images

Wait.... I thought he made it off the sub!? Why did they keep him around for so long just to kill him off like that. He wasn't really 'involved' in anything. I figured they were keeping him around to make the miraculous departure from the beach in the crashed 737.

No, Ed. Please don't start watching. You are way to cynical for Lost, and I've invested/wasted too much time on this show for you to shoot more holes in the logic that I have allowed myself to believe up to this point. :aureola:

Ditto. They've done a "if they hadn't crashed" story on everyone but Mr. Ecko. I wonder if Mr. Ecko and the 'real' Locke will join forces to defeat the smoke monster in the final episode? :skeptical:

Wait.... I thought he made it off the sub!? Why did they keep him around for so long just to kill him off like that. He wasn't really 'involved' in anything. I figured they were keeping him around to make the miraculous departure from the beach in the crashed 737.

Yup, and once they found the boobytraps, pfft, no need for a pilot anymore. Fish food. I just hope they never lose the need for a hot brunette. I'd hate to see Evangeline Lilly killed off.

Back