Lost medical certificate paper

Luke North

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
praxis
So the title of my thread sort of explains itself. I got caught in the rain and my medical certificate got destroyed. What is the process of getting another copy of my medical certificate?

But the permanent one is usually a B&W PDF that's emailed to you. Which means you can print off as many as you need.

Unfortunately i am a student pilot should have mentioned that.

It was a seperate piece of paper. But I have no idea what form to send in to the faa to get it replaced. The link to the form above has the info to send the form for a replacement medical to a certian address i would however, do i need to know my medical number?

So this is what i have found. i need to request a temporary medical and licience. then i fill out the form and they will review the form and then send me a new medical certificate in 60 to 90 days.

Yep, the FAA finally moved into the TWENTIETH century and made all the certificates PDF files now. I've got a PDF airworthiness certificate as well. The FCC has been doing this for decades.
My Amateur, General Radiotelephone, and Radiotelepgrah certificates are all PDF files that have ORIGINAL COPY watermarked on them. If you go to the website and request a duplicate, they send you a PDF marked "duplicate copy." If you tweak something so the certificate gets reissued, you get a new ORIGINAL COPY.

I’ve had this happen more than once I’m afraid to admit. A call to my doctor got me a copy right away.

Yep, the FAA finally moved into the TWENTIETH century and made all the certificates PDF files now. I've got a PDF airworthiness certificate as well. The FCC has been doing this for decades.
My Amateur, General Radiotelephone, and Radiotelepgrah certificates are all PDF files that have ORIGINAL COPY watermarked on them. If you go to the website and request a duplicate, they send you a PDF marked "duplicate copy." If you tweak something so the certificate gets reissued, you get a new ORIGINAL COPY.

So you have to mail it in to get the pdf?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back