Lost a Shipmate Today

Fearless Tower

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fearless Tower
Just awoke to learn that the sailor who was shot in Chattanooga passed away from his wounds. LS2 Randall Smith was a shipmate on WASP. Please keep his family and the families of the fallen Marines in your prayers.

http://wavy.com/2015/07/18/breaking-sailor-dies-of-injuries-from-chattanooga-shooting/

RIP Shipmate.

If you wish to discuss very valid politically charged concerns in relation to the events this week, please start a separate thread in the SZ. Thank you.

Sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers to the victims, the families and friends.

May he rest in peace,sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear that FT, makes these tragedies all the more real when you know someone directly effected. Condolences for your loss and prayers for his family.

'Gimp

Sorry for your loss, may he rest in peace. :sad:
One really wonders what is going on in the heads of people who so something like this. :mad:

They said on tv that the soldiers in the recruiting office were not allowed to carry guns. The linked reports seems to confirm this:
Gen. Ray Odierno, chief of staff of the Army, told reporters Friday that arming troops in those offices could cause more problems than it might solve.
Odierno said there are legal issues involved in allowing troops at the centers to carry guns. He says those forces will always be a bit vulnerable because the centers need to be open and accessible to the public.

While it is quite obviously unavoidable to keep the troops accessible to the public and therefore vulnerable, I find it irresponsible to consciously turn them into sitting ducks in a glass box. :mad2:
Now that everybody knows that if you want to kill some US-troops without running the risk of being shot at yourself, I guess that it is just a questions of time until we see some copycats...

Sorry to hear FT. He passed away at the hospital (Erlanger) I fly for.

RIP to all the victims.

Always a bummer to lose crew mates. It's an unusually close relationship.

Petty Officer Second Class Smith leaves behind 3 daughters, a wife and many family members.

Sorry for the loss of your shipmate.

Sorry for their loss, and your sorrow, mate. R.I.P. Prayers and condolences.

If you hear about a fund to help the widow, let us know.

Fair winds and following seas, Petty Officer Smith. Rest in peace.

Condolences to his family and shipmates.

Rest your oars, Shipmate. We have the watch. See you at Fiddler's Green someday!

Very sorry to hear this. Condolences. What a heartbreaking tragedy.

Back