Loss of medical/certificates due to past events

If he disclosed all to Dr. Chien, he's certainly under no obligation to rehash them all here.

Is it just me, or does the list of omissions seem to expand with each new post? Sort of like Mary Lou Retton; "Oh, and another thing".

I have heard that confession is good for the soul.

I don't think an unwarranted police call due to verbal altercation or car accidents are things the 8500 form asks about. Also, the accident occurred after i got my previous medical. It would only come up when i get scrutinized over the suicidal ideations.

Some people want to be doctors, decide the training is too long and costly, become Physicians’ Assistants, and have enjoyable, profitable careers.

It sounds like there’s a path you could take to an airline cockpit, but it might be too long and costly. Maybe you could look at airline dispatch or A&P school. Frankly, if I were looking to make a living in aviation, I’d rather be an A&P than an airline pilot.

Some people want to be doctors, decide the training is too long and costly, become Physicians’ Assistants, and have enjoyable, profitable careers.

It sounds like there’s a path you could take to an airline cockpit, but it might be too long and costly. Maybe you could look at airline dispatch or A&P school. Frankly, if I were looking to make a living in aviation, I’d rather be an A&P than an airline pilot.

It's all or nothing for me. If not a pilot then i want nothing to do with aviation. That would be a miserable existence to me.

That ship has sailed, though. The FAA can no longer take action on the expired medical. I believe, though, that they could take legal action and assert that he falsified a federal form and yank his pilot's certificate.
Well I’m just thinking he couldn’t go basic med off that first class that he probably never should have gotten in the first place. And I think the psych issues preclude BM anyway.

It's all or nothing for me. If not a pilot then i want nothing to do with aviation. That would be a miserable existence to me.
I felt the same way when I was a teenager and couldn’t be a military pilot because I wore glasses.

It was an idiotic position, and I was an idiot to take that position. Your mileage may vary.

Here's what I don't understand...Why come to a very public forum, reveal your deepest, darkest secrets, when you already have the best in the business - Bruce Chien - walking you through the process?

Forget about everyone and everything in this thread, except to the extent you reveal and discuss issues with Dr. Bruce. He's the expert. If you're going to get through this, he's the one that will make that happen IF you follow his advice to the letter. He's your best shot.

As to feeling isolated...I'm sorry you feel that way, but right now it's you versus the FAA. With Bruce in your corner, you have the best chance of success. It may not be a short process, and it may not be an inexpensive process, but Bruce is the one to get you through it. Forget about everyone else's advice, comments and criticisms. Listen to Bruce.

And, yes, I know this sounds blunt, but at some point we all have to put on our big-person pants and do what needs to be done. Work with Bruce, and do just that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back