Losartan 100mg/12.5mg HCTZ and FBG

A

Anon

Any correlation with HCTZ paired within Losartan and increased FBG? I have noticed my FBG has gone up about 5 points and sits at 93-95. Prior to medication change I was 89. Post prandial after 1 hour are less than 100 and at 2 hours I am at 85. My A1C is 4.9-5.1 depending on lab.

I workout, don't eat sugar, no red meat, and around 13% body fat. Currently 170lbs at 6 feet.

Read some studies that said HCTZ can increase FBG but also read some that said no not really. My only concern is if I should try to get off the HCTZ and take another med. I don't want to be labeled prediabetic and have to do another CACI. I am wondering if my numbers will keep going up as I use the medicine over time.

Lab results history
2010 FBG -86
2015 FBG -89
2016 FBG -93 (at this time I was on chlorthalidone 25mg for about 3 months)
2017 FBG - scheduled for this week.

The higher FBG have been based off my wife's machine as she needdd to check blood sugars when pregnant. I don't have an official lab test yet with the addition of HCTZ yet. I am a military flyer. Also if they bump up my HCTZ down the road to 25mg will that affect the FBG? My BP right now is 118/65 P52

Not yet. I have a dr appt this week, was just kind of polling the audience. My flight surgeon seems to think the rise is just differences in testing facilities, time of day, and getting older.

I will update when I get my new results and what he says. Hopefully Dr. Bruce will pop in here. That man is a Yoda of the AME medical

Well went to the doc

FBG 87
Cholesterol 148
Triglyceride 39
HDL 54
LDL 69

Guess I'm healthy. No more googling medical stuff for me. Learned my lesson. Worried for two weeks straight for no problem. Hypertension pretty much my only ailment and that is genetic in my family.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back