Los Angeles area CFIs

bigevil

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
bigevil
After a 2 years hiatus/hiccup in my lifelong dream to become a private pilot(financial and medical issues have been reconciled), I'm finally ready to pull the trigger and get my ticket!

This time around, I want to do it smart, cheap, safely and efficiently. Figured I'd ask if you guys have any recommendations for great, honest, and effective CFIs in the Los Angeles area. One of the ways I think I'll be able to be saving money and learning the most is by finding the best instructor possible, and having us find the right airplane/airport to get it done!

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. I live roughly equidistant from VNY, SMO and WHP.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I have an awesome CFI - but a bit further south (TOA)

Try "Aviator Flight Training"... I know they are in the LA area and have some fun aircraft as well.

Great, I'll look em up. Anymore ideas?!

Be warned- Aviator Flight Training is down in Fullerton.

Other ideas- RotorFX at VNY has a few decent instructors/freelance CFIs; Justice Aviation and Santa Monica Flyers at SMO are decent places- I would have done my PPL at Flyers, except it was further away from me.

Really pleased with my flight school and my CFI -- but also considerably further south at KSNA. If you're still interested let me know and I can provide you further information/contact info, etc.

found my guy today! He's basically exactly the instructor I was hoping for, only downside is we have to fly out of KVNY (where waits on the ramp can get $$) but we can also use the 150 to cut down on training costs as well.

Thanks for the help gents

found my guy today! He's basically exactly the instructor I was hoping for, only downside is we have to fly out of KVNY (where waits on the ramp can get $$) but we can also use the 150 to cut down on training costs as well.

Thanks for the help gents

If it's Gil, he's a pretty good guy. FYI- VNY isn't anywhere near as busy as it used to be. Waits aren't typically an issue.

Back