Lord, I need a G6 !!

Kenneth Copeland already owns a 550 Citation and a Citation X. How much is enough for these a-holes living of gullible donators? Have they no shame?

But what's worse is that IRS gives tax exemption status to charlatan organizations like his, all under the guise of religious freedom. It's like L Ron Hubbard once said - they way to really get rich is to start a religion. And he did.

Church and state both trying to rob your pockets. Tax the church and their leaders on the income they derive from the poor.

I have absolutely no problem with this. God does amazing things for those that have faith.

I have absolutely no problem with this. God does amazing things for those that have faith.

These guys only faith is that they can squeeze money out of God fearing people who can least afford it

Kenneth Copland must be on to something with this....

He already has his own airport next to Eagle Mountain Lake (northwest of Ft. Worth) to park "demon escaping airplane" at. Look up 4T2 to see what I'm referring too.

Check out Ray Stevens' "Would Jesus Wear a Rolex"... funny and poignant.

If you have ever flown Spirit airlines or Southwest into Orlando, you would probably agree with their point of view.

One of my friends made a flight case sticker that says "Tube full of Demons".

I watched this video and about pulled my hair out.

Jesus often kept himself in the company of sinners. But I guess my savior wouldn't have done it if private jets were available during his time on Earth. :rolleyes2:

Yeah, thats a good watch. John Oliver does some interesting pieces. The one on these scumbags was one of the best

I love that he setup the "Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption" church and it was SO easy for them to do..... says a lot about our tax system

If the justification is that the private airplanes allow them to travel easier and spend more time preaching in more places, that is perfectly reasonable. But these guys went a little farther than that!

This is pretty much every televangelist. There have been plenty of articles over the last 5-6 years about them and their jets.

I keep thinking about registering my own religion just for stuff like this. Our Lady of the Holy Jet will start accepting donations soon.

Kenneth Copeland already owns a 550 Citation and a Citation X. How much is enough for these a-holes living of gullible donators? Have they no shame?

But what's worse is that IRS gives tax exemption status to charlatan organizations like his, all under the guise of religious freedom. It's like L Ron Hubbard once said - they way to really get rich is to start a religion. And he did.

Clueless Sidebar: is it pronounced Citation "ecks" or Citation "ten"?

Clueless Sidebar: is it pronounced Citation "ecks" or Citation "ten"?

You're allowed to say "ecks" if you called the previous model the "vee eye eye".

Or you can call it the seh-ven-feef-tee. :)

Prosperity Gospel at its finest. Jim Bakker use to believed in that nonsense.

Always love the number of theologians these kinds of stories bring out. The writer can't even get the definition of prosperity gospel correct, but he sure knows enough about what the Bible says to throw stones at these guys.

I know nothing about the subject individuals, but I do know that there are a lot of preachers spewing nonsense, most of whom are not and never will be on television. Ironically, the same jealousy that folks like the author of the story seem eager to foment is specifically called out as sinful in the Bible. Willfully giving to the ministry, however, is not. However, I do believe that we are to be good stewards of the resources which God gives us, and that includes a responsibility to be fully informed about what the Bible says and to donate money and other resources accordingly.

Most churches and ministries neither accept nor request government funding, unlike many non-religious "non-profits" who are themselves engaged in objectionable or at least questionable activities. If there is a case to scrutinize non-profits, surely those receiving compulsory "donations" should be first in line, and be subjected to more serious scrutiny.

Ultimately, private organizations--both for-profit and non-profit--should be accountable to their investors and customers, not the court of general public opinion. The court of public opinion would likely say that none of us need to own or fly an airplane outside of the profession--after all, most other forms of travel are statistically safer, and the money we spend on these activities could be better spent someplace else.

JKG

Last edited:
Copeland has a single-engine open cockpit airplane to scratch his "flying itch"? What might that be?

I'm not a Christian but if I were to assume that they are doing what they and their supporters consider "Gods work" and that the airplane helps them do that work more efficiently, then they should have their plane.

Back