Looks like Sen. Inhofe might need the PBOR...

So, did he lose the airplane in big winds, or did he intentionally go into the weeds to dodge a deer on the runway? Which one of those passes the smell test... Hmm...

He really needs to think about hanging it up. This is his third publicly reported incident in 10 years.

So, did he lose the airplane in big winds, or did he intentionally go into the weeds to dodge a deer on the runway? Which one of those passes the smell test... Hmm...

He really needs to think about hanging it up. This is his third publicly reported incident in 10 years.
The guy has a current medical, so there can't be any issue with his skills.

boy, it didn't take long for this thread to spin non-aviation political....

The original article did that. I'm trying to figure out what that has to do with his forced landing. They also felt the need to mention he opposes environmental regulations (which ones aren't ever important to report). Gotta get all the boogeymen out there.

boy, it didn't take long for this thread to spin non-aviation political....

In fairness, the reporter is responsible for that tangent. What relevance Inhofe's position on climate change or energy policy has to do with his performance as a pilot completely escapes me. Perhaps if the reporter had focused more on the latter, the article would provide detail on the incident rather than leave the readers to wonder exactly what happened.

JKG

Who knew that the PBOR is a 'bill of attainder.

That must be the most well-traveled deer in the country. It's forced cars off the road here, too. Clever little guy, makes the scene look like they were DUI or texting before he flees...

Perhaps had the senator followed the weather a bit closer he would have landed safely. I would think he would be more cautious after his sons needless death in the MU2

The original article did that. I'm trying to figure out what that has to do with his forced landing. They also felt the need to mention he opposes environmental regulations (which ones aren't ever important to report). Gotta get all the boogeymen out there.

Well, those high winds HAD to be caused by climate change, don't you know!

Storms are essentially heat engines. More heat, stronger storm. Sheesh, republicans!

That has got to be one of the worst written articles I have read in a long time.

Thooght it was just me. . .geez, reporters carry a lot of bagage. . .

Is it just me or does it seem like Inhofe might not be the best front person for the PBOR?

Perhaps had the senator followed the weather a bit closer he would have landed safely. I would think he would be more cautious after his sons needless death in the MU2

Well, you might need a *bit* more info before we just start throwing out assumptions. Despite having a few incidents in recent memory, he has plenty of flight time to back it up. The storm popped up fairly quickly, despite having been forcasted. Also, at the time of his incident, I bet Grand Lake Regional was pretty busy with a ton of aircraft, especially warbirds, getting on the ground as they were likely putting on a show for Duck Creek Fireworks show, which is one of the largest in the state. I'm not excusing him from anything, but I'd be hard-pressed to start accusing the guy of not being aware of the weather conditions.

I think the reporter arrived in an SUV that was less fuel efficient than the incident aircraft.

Who's protecting the environment here?

Is it just me or does it seem like Inhofe might not be the best front person for the PBOR?

Technically he's the best. Senator insider in the oligarchy, and regular run-ins with FAA.

Who else would push it? Nobody in Congress other than a pilot who'd been investigated would give a flying **** about the rest of us little people or our need for a fair trial before an ALJ.

That his accidents are used to push the ever-populist "Little airplanes are dangerous! Save me from them as I drive in my mini-Van to the mall!" attitude and mentality of the "average" American*, being sold for ad revenue by the media, isn't all that relevant to the content of the bills.

No Congresscritter yet has any polling numbers saying that "saving everyone from GA" would bolster votes for them. Be thankful the media isn't better at their fear-mongering.

They leave that kind of fear-mongering to "important" appointed people like "Scary Mary" Schaivo.

*Average in this case meaning: Stupid debt-driven consumers with no life outside of whatever "ooh shiny!" thing the same media tells them to go buy this weekend. 'Murica!

Airplane winds up in the weeds and its a national story. Really?

Senator (or fill in national figure of your choice) winds up in weeds and it's a national story. Ooo! Squirrel!

Back