looks like iOS 8.2 finally fixed things

I upgraded both the 6plus and iPad Air2 the other night. Yesterday morning I'm on the iPad with my phone across the room, and my iPad rang and I answered the call in it.

That is one of my favorite new features. It works outgoing as well, try it!

iOS 8 rendered older hardware unusable due to processors not being up to the task with the needs of the new version. iPhone4 and older iPads are a good example. A lot of people see it as a "forced" hardware upgrade from Apple.

Frankly, I see hardware as disposable after 3-4 years. A lot of people don't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 years is in record breaking territory for me. I had a Sony Viao I managed to keep going for 4. The iPad2 still works as a backup since I stripped all the junk out and got some memory back, we'll see how long it stays viable.

3 years is in record breaking territory for me.

Typed on a late-2008 MacBook Pro - seven years and counting and par for the course for me for Apple laptops.

Will be looking carefully at the new MacBook - it might be time!

Downsizing from 750gb hard drive to 512gb SSD may take some planning, however. Probably time to clean things up regardless.

Taking electronics to sea that weren't designed to go to sea significantly shortens their life span.

Loaded 8.2 a couple days ago and so far so good. Wifi hasn't gotten hung up, bluetooth keyboard hasn't gotten lost, no clipboard problems yet.

ah but what about all of your songs on iTunes not loading - that was the major bytch for me . . .

I am still holding off on putting iOs8 on my old ipad2 for fear it will kill it.

Back