Looks like a cross breed.

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
What would happen if a cessna 150 hooked up with a mooney and had little planes....

But seriously....what is it????

Michael

One of Rockwell's attempts to take on the Skyhawk, I think. A Darter? Heavy planes, but well liked by their owners. Out of production for a while. You can find them for sale awfully cheap.

It's a Darter. ?

Joe Williams said:
One of Rockwell's attempts to take on the Skyhawk, I think. A Darter? Heavy planes, but well liked by their owners. Out of production for a while. You can find them for sale awfully cheap.

They had two model's the "Darter" and what was the other?

Joe Williams said:

Darter or Lark Commander (100). My father in law trailered one from Texas to Michigan. It had been damaged in a hangar roof collapse and he was always going to fix it up to fly. He ended up buying an old 182 in flyable condition and never did anything with the Lark. AFaIK the fuselage and wings are still somewhere in the warehouse at Pontiac Steel.

When I started flying I tried to convince him to sell me the wreck so I could make it airworthy and fly it. He refused knowing that it wasn't worth the effort and I'm glad he did. They are pretty much a POS compared to the Cessna 172 they were supposed to compete with.

http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=341

Last edited:
Joe Williams said:

hmm...by awfully cheap, do you mean less than an equivalent Skyhawk? Maybe I should check into that.

NickDBrennan said:
hmm...by awfully cheap, do you mean less than an equivalent Skyhawk? Maybe I should check into that.

WAY cheaper. But look before you leap. They are very much an orphaned aircraft. Fine and dandy if you know how to deal with it, I suppose. But I don't, so personally I'll steer clear.

If my Mooney spawned highwing airplanes that looked like that I'd drown'em in the sink:rofl:

Back