Looking Up, Way Up! The Burt Rutan Story

That's just a pledge site, not his story. They are soliciting donations. Sad to see.

That's just a pledge site, not his story. They are soliciting donations. Sad to see.

I'm pretty sure the OP understands the purpose of kickstarter. I don't know what's so sad about people wanting to make a documentary about Burt Rutan. He is the leading aviation genius of our age. It would be good to get a nice documentary about his life and times together before he flies west.

I'm pretty sure the OP understands the purpose of kickstarter. I don't know what's so sad about people wanting to make a documentary about Burt Rutan. He is the leading aviation genius of our age. It would be good to get a nice documentary about his life and times together before he flies west.

Exactly.

I donated. The guy's a genius. An aircraft designer who's created some of the most fascinated aircraft ever. I can only imagine how cool it would have been to build and fly out of Mojave since the 70s. Never be another Burt Rutan again.

The title says it all. And what you get ain't that. Knock yourself out, give to anything you want, but "The Burt Rutan Story" it isn't. Not even close.

Oh, so you've seen it already and know this ?

How many times do I have to say it?

One more time for you special.

The link in the OP is NOT THE BURT RUTAN STORY as the title states.

? :confused: Then what is it? How do you know so much about what these people intend to make? :confused: Is there something already called "The Burt Rutan Story" already?

Hopefully they get the funding would be nice to see what he's up to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah ? And you couldn't figure that out before clicking on a web address that starts out with "kickstart" ??? Who's the special one ?

It is a link to a kickstarter that offers people the chance to back a documentary about Burt Rutan. The title of said documentary is identical to the title of the thread.

So yes, in fact, the title of this thread is dead-on-balls correct. It may not match whatever your expectations were (maybe you thought it was a link to an already-created film of the same title and were disappointed?), but there is nothing incorrect about the title of this thread.

It's not like this is some no name production company doing this project either. These are the people who did the award winning Discovery special on Space Ship One. Outstanding documentary.

They're at 53k right now I really hope they get the money!

They're at 53k right now I really hope they get the money!

They're close enough now. It'll get made. A film like this really doesn't cost that much to make in outlay. Largely what these people are asking for is to be compensated for their time to make it. It will take the better part of a year to do and they want to be paid.

They wouldn't do the whole Kickstarter thing if they didn't really want to make the film, so they will do it one way or the other at this point. They can do it for the amount they have obtained so far for sure. They aimed a little high and want to see where it goes from here. The amount they ask for is not the minimum they need, it's the dream ideal. This fairly simple and straight forward doc can be made for next to nothing if you don't value your time. The people making this want to be paid is all.

Unfortunately I think the way kickstarter works is that if you don't get the minimum everyone gets their money back. Someone else can correct me if I am wrong but that's whAt I've noticed.

Yeah ? And you couldn't figure that out before clicking on a web address that starts out with "kickstart" ??? Who's the special one ?

He lives off grid......so yeah he's special for sure.

Very argumentative chap most of the time....but understand off grid might have something to do with it. :wink2:

Unfortunately I think the way kickstarter works is that if you don't get the minimum everyone gets their money back. Someone else can correct me if I am wrong but that's whAt I've noticed.

You have a choice of take what you can get or "all or nothing".

The Kickstarter campaign for the documentary Looking Up, Way Up! the Burt Rutan Story only has 3 days left!

So far we've funded the filming ourselves. We think it's important to get the story of this important innovator out to the world. Now we're asking everyone who agrees with us to help make the film as good as deserves to be.

We’ve reached the minimum needed for funding our Kickstarter. We‘ve posted new “stretch” goals and what they’ll help us do. And we’ve got some wonderful new rewards for our backers. As well as new details about the remarkable aircraft Burt is building right now…

Come take a look. And tell your friends about us! Thank you!
Scott B

Backed with the price of a Starbucks frappo-giganto with whipped cream.

Back