Looking to rent Single piston aircraft for around the world adventure RTW.

I appreciate the tenacity, but the plane choice and "1,750" no ferry tank range are my big clues that this has not been thought through with the rigor a trip like this requires, and the desire to rent vs own. You could easily find a nice Bonanza / Debonair / 210 for sale, or even an older Cirrus (if you're married to that) for a trip like this

An SR22.. absolutely does not have that much range.. you are realistically looking at 1,000... maybe 1,200 range.. and those are ideal conditions. That's good for the type of flying most Cirrus owners do (300-700nm legs) but not good for round the world run

Also, while I love the plane, it is not known for its useful load, something you'd want to consider if you're bring supplies and resources with you, survival gear, etc.

And for maintenance, outside of having the same big Conti many other planes do, there are many specific factors to a Cirrus that would make it undesirable to operate in countries outside the US / CA /Europe, etc.

And you really don't want to be soft field operations in one. Honestly the 210 would be the *RIGHT* choice for this mission.. the Cirrus would probably be my last choice..

Nikko (Nikkos wings)
Why is everything with NIKO a catastrophe?! I would stay far away from him, seems every flight has some kind of life or death emergency.. even when flying well within the normal envelope of the plane he finds a way to dramatize it

I RIGHT IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS BECAUSE I'M SCREAMING. PAY ATTENTION TO ME! PAY ATTENTION TO ME!
upload_2020-1-16_12-37-36.png
^tangentially related, notice on the flight above he needed to ride a tailwind to crank the 1K mark on range. No Cirrus SR series is flying 1,750 nm
upload_2020-1-16_12-39-20.png

Like I said, unmodified only a fairly late model Mooney with 100 gallon tanks can do this, and at that point it can carry the pilot and maybe a change of underwear. Problem is there aren't very many of those running around, and there aren't likely to be any more either. I still think that the OP's best bet is to purchase an older Cirrus and outfit it with the appropriate ferry tanks. And I honestly don't think the OP has really thought this through to the extent he needs. Here in America you can take off and figure out what you need to do when you get there. Flying internationally that just isn't the case at all.

I can't anyone volunteering their aircraft for those kinds of modifications and that kind of risk. If there is one I'd like to meet him or her. I know this great bridge in Brooklyn I'd' like to sell them.

Dear aircraft owners . I am planing to fly around the world in future ,but I don't own an aircraft.
is it possible for someone to lend me his aircraft for this adventure? Aircraft required SR22 .
I will be responsible for everything including insurance , maintenance ,etc.
I will pay for all hours flown from the departure airport of the aircraft till return back to the same airport . Period is between two to three months approximate flying hrs 160 to cover distance about 28000 NM .
Hi Sulaiman,

did you ever find any solution to rent a plane for your RTW-Trip?
I have one in Germany... and if you still are interested: please let me know. Maybe we will share our dream together.

I've had stay at my house a woman who flew around the world in a Cessna 180 (OK, she was the first woman to do so solo). I had another friend who was going to fly around the world with another person. It started out in an SR20 but I think they punked out and switched to a Citation. Her co-pilot was introduced to me by the name "Fred," to which I replied "Noonan?" He didn't think that was funny.

Several people have flown Diamonds around the world. As discussed previously, a DA40NG, DA42NG, or DA62 are ideal as they burn Jet-A. I believe all still required a turtle tank in the backseat. While I personally own a DA40, I wouldn't ever try it in a single. Having flown many times in Iceland, I can say that going down in the North Atlantic is almost certainly curtains.

https://www.diamondaviators.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6863

I think the largest challenge to overcome will be finding an insurer who will write a policy to cover the renter for this operation.

Back